Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 minute ago, Three Run Homer said:

Martin Niemoller on the trade deadline:

First the Angels came for Lucas Giolito, but I didn't worry because the Angels were desparate and must have overpaid, and besides Lance Lynn was still available.  

Then the Dodgers came for Lance Lynn, but I didn't worry because Lance Lynn has an ERA of 6, and besides Max Scherzer was still available.

Then the Rangers came for Max Scherzer, but I didn't worry because Max Scherzer makes too much money and might not even be an ace any more, and besides Jordan Montgomery was still available.

Then the Rangers came for Jordan Montgomery, but I didn't worry because Jordan Montgomery is a pitch to contact guy who gets a lot of benefit from the Cardinals defense, and besides Aaron Civale was still available.

Then the Rays came for Aaron Civale, but I didn't worry because he's having a career year and the Rays probably overpaid, and besides Rich Hill was still available.  

Then the Padres came for Rich Hill, but I didn't worry because Rich Hill is an old guy with an ERA over 4, and besides Justin Verlander was still available.

Then the Astros came for Justin Verlander, but I didn't worry because Verlander is an old guy with a big contract and might not even be an ace anymore, and besides Michael Lorenzen was still available.  

Then the Phillies came for Michael Lorenzen, but I didn't worry because Lorenzen is a meh guy whose ERA is out of line with his FIP and his career norms, and besides Eduardo Rodriguez was still available.

Then the Dodgers or the Reds or the Padres or someone else came for Eduardo Rodriguez, and the White Sox asked for too much for Dylan Cease, and by then it was too late to worry because there was nobody left available except Jack Flaherty. 

You make it sound like the Nazi's are coming and you are going to be sent off to the death camps.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Last 2 hours....MLB panel going on about Yankees relievers.      I wonder if Britton-Tate in reverse any kind of possibility.

Clay Holmes same as Paul Sewald, one more Arb year before FA.     Wandy Peralta on his walk year.

I really really like Clay Holmes.