Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

Wells has shown flashes of really good, maybe he's just over-worked right now and he could return in a BP role. Why deal a decent arm to gain another decent arm?  If we can't get a decent arm for surplus position players, what's the point?  We need to add another ML arm right now to get more innings, not swap for a marginal gain.

11 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So Bazardo was DFA’d to clear room. 

This is what MLB Trade Rumors report. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltimore-orioles

The Mariners have acquired right-hander Eduard Bazardo from the Orioles in exchange for minor league righty Logan Rinehart, FanSided’s Robert Murray reports (Twitter link).  Baltimore designated Bazardo for assignment two days ago.

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

No chance I include Wells too.  Some of these proposals are nuts.  They are more than we got for Bedard and everyone knew that was a fleecing when it happened.  

Bedard was traded in the offseason with two years to go, so just going off that comparison it could make sense the White Sox would want a bit more than the Mariners traded for Bedard.  But more important I think these are different times.  There's more competition now, especially for pitching.  

Just now, bluedog said:

I am just trying to triangulate on why baltfan thought Wells + Norby + Fabian + Povich was a crazy offer.

Because losing Wells hurts the ML club now and I am a fan of Povich and Fabian.   If just Wells and Norby, I can live with the pain to the ML club since not giving up as much. 

1 minute ago, bluedog said:

I am just trying to triangulate on why baltfan thought Wells + Norby + Fabian + Povich was a crazy offer.

I think that's a decent package for Cease.   I still think they would want something along the lines of Cowser/Kjerstad, Norby, Povich, and Basallo.  

3 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Bedard was traded in the offseason with two years to go, so just going off that comparison it could make sense the White Sox would want a bit more than the Mariners traded for Bedard.  But more important I think these are different times.  There's more competition now, especially for pitching.  

That trade ended up being basically Bedard for Tillman + Jones.

I'd think Wells + one of the O's Top 100 guys gets in the ballpark and the WS would then ask for a 2nd Top 100 and Elias would respond with 2 or 3 lottery tickets from amongst our non-Top 100 prospects.

1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

I think that's a decent package for Cease.   I still think they would want something along the lines of Cowser/Kjerstad, Norby, Povich, and Basallo.  

Yeah I agree that they will ask for more and that Elias will stand firm or maybe add someone like Armbruster and then its a game of chicken after that to see who blinks first.

Just now, bluedog said:

That trade ended up being basically Bedard for Tillman + Jones.

I'd think Wells + one of the O's Top 100 guys gets in the ballpark and the WS would then ask for a 2nd Top 100 and Elias would respond with 2 or 3 lottery tickets from amongst our non-Top 100 prospects.

How dare you disrespect All-Star Flat Breezy!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Because losing Wells hurts the ML club now and I am a fan of Povich and Fabian.   If just Wells and Norby, I can live with the pain to the ML club since not giving up as much. 

Might be there's no room for Wells if our rotation is Cease, GRod, Kremer, Bradish, Gibson.