Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

Tons of rumors that White Sox are asking for Holliday..  hang the phone up! 

Of course they are, as would we in their position. I'm trusting Elias knows such a demand is simply a negotiation tactic to let us know the WS are serious and can't be bulldozed. 

Just now, waroriole said:

That’s the Orioles Twitter rumors. They seem like morons. 

I was just thinking that. The moment the failed Dodgers trade to get ERod was announced, they posted a statement that the price for Cease had gone up. No way they could know if that were true - pure speculation.

1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

I imagine that he leaves the White Sox clubhouse fairly often.  There's a field outside the clubhouse that he plays on, and then, after games, he's been known to go to hotels or his house.

Really? I thought he lived there.

The ERod situation is an extremely intriguing opportunity. The Tigers should be highly motivated to sell him, and you have a very clear bargaining chip given that it is now in the public domain that we're only one of a few teams you can trade him to. Plus the O's have tons of in-house information on him that is usually a question mark when acquiring a new player. Very unique situation to get outsized value that doesn't come around all that often. And it's really only a reality because the O's have waited this long.

5 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Ed Rod wants to go to the Red Sox as well.  Do the Sox need a starter?  I honestly dont know off hand.  I guess everyone does in reality.

Boston's just 2.5 games back in Wild Car. And five games over .500. Probably could use an arm.