Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 minute ago, Natty said:

Wells was our best starter. 

They messed up his rotation at the break, and he didn't pitch for 9 days. 

That ended him. 

If he's so fragile that skipping a turn ruins him, then he had problems to begin with.   Trying to blame the team is silly, when there is a perfectly logical explanation:   he has pitched more innings this year than any year since 2018.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

The fact Ed Rod actually puts the Orioles on a limited list of three teams does kind of change my mind on picking him up.  Detroit has no way to bargain.  He is going to walk in the fall.  He now will be annoyed at the team.  The team will be annoyed at him.  Detroit needs to trade him for whatever he possibly can get.  I would low ball Detroit or just walk.  Take it or leave it.  

Same here. I would absolutely put an offer on the table that is below what you would have thought he is worth. Detroit might be extremely motivated to sell him and take whatever they can get.

2 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I don't know that anyone would be "annoyed".    I think you get past that type of thing pretty quickly.

I watched a Podcast three months ago when Adam Jones said he thought the Baltimore Oriole front office had him on ignore.  He wasnt invited back for player related functions and he thought that it stemmed from him refusing his trade in 2018.  He said he had not heard from the front office since that event.   

Funny thing is that in the last couple of weeks he has been seen at the park doing fun stuff like being Mr. Splash.  So maybe Elias fixed something...who knows.   But these  things do leave people pissed off at each other.