Monday, July 24: Orioles visit the Phillies

SteveA

I can't believe the offense has been so inept against this guy. He's like Philly's #5?? So many overly aggressive whiffs on low and away pitches. No working the count and now he might come back out for the 8th.

Thank God for good Kremer tonight 

7 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I don't need to see video, in fact, I didn't even need to see the picture to know that is bush league. I know the situation, runner trying to break up the double play. That's not the right way to do it. Of course he would apologize after the fact. He doesn't want to take a fastball to the ribs.

Lol okay tough guy. 

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

True, he kept it low, which is better than airmailing it. But doesn't look like he has much outfield velo either way.

Agreed. It was not a strong throw. I just like to see the cut off man hit in case there's another play somewhere than the plate. Not seeing baseball fundamentals have always been my biggest pet peeve. That and infielders not getting in front of a ball when it's possible. Brooks took so many bad hops to his chest that he turned into outs instead of doing the matador side step. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

He did not roll block, he did not miss the bag. His foot popped up. I believe you would want our guys to do the same thing. If there was anything dirty you would have seen our guys say something.

You don't go at a guy's legs with your spikes period. This is not the way to do it.