2023 Trade Deadline Hot Stove

RVAOsFan

16 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I doubt Cubs deal now. 

Padres are team to watch. Who knows. 

I am going to predict Orioles get Lorenzen and at least one more pen arm. Maybe 2. 

I think Elias is waiting on the Padres.   Hader just makes the most sense for us so he has to be number 1 on his wish list if he comes available.     

16 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

10 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I think Elias is waiting on the Padres.   Hader just makes the most sense for us so he has to be number 1 on his wish list if he comes available.     

I tend to think SD will not be selling either. I mean one game left for teams till deadline. Harder pitched 9th tonight up 4. 

15 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Negotiate with the Mets. Target Brooks Raley and see what it would take to acquire Verlander, and if he'd waive his no trade clause to reunite with Mike Elias on a 1st place team and wear an Orange Jersey again.

The Orioles are not acquiring a guy that’s due to make 40+ million next year. Full stop.

9 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I tend to think SD will not be selling either. I mean one game left for teams till deadline. Harder pitched 9th tonight up 4. 

Actually 2 games with deadline Tuesday afternoon.  They may only be 5.5 back but still in 7th place in wild card.  I said awhile back anyone with 55 losses or more should be sellers.  They currently sit at 54 so these 2 games could make huge difference.   I think they are overrated on playoff odds though for sure everywhere.  I would say they less then 10% imo.  

Just now, Tryptamine said:

The Mets will likely pay at least half  depending on the prospect they get back.

Ok. New one for you.

The Orioles will not be acquiring a player that’s due 20+ million in 2024.

Everyone needs to have some semblance of reality, here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

The Orioles are not acquiring a guy that’s due to make 40+ million next year. Full stop.

My understanding is the Mets are picking up $35 million owed to Scherzer through the end of next season. If they'd do likewise in a Verlander deal it could make sense. 

4 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

My understanding is the Mets are picking up $35 million owed to Scherzer through the end of next season. If they'd do likewise in a Verlander deal it could make sense. 

Verlander is still owed 15 or so million this year and 43 next. Even if the Mets offered an incredible 35, the Orioles would owe 20+ and a top 50 prospect.

Not. Happening.