Elias press conference notes

Sports Guy

It’s probably worth noting that a press conference before the trade deadline isn’t necessarily for the fans but to broadcast a public poker face to everyone he’s talk to. The comments he made about Ortiz sound to me like he’s on the block. Long career as a starting shortstop? By the time he gets an extended look, Holliday will have had 300 PA in AAA. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, oriole said:

It’s probably worth noting that a press conference before the trade deadline isn’t necessarily for the fans but to broadcast a public poker face to everyone he’s talk to. The comments he made about Ortiz sound to me like he’s on the block. Long career as a starting shortstop? By the time he gets an extended look, Holliday will have had 300 PA in AAA. 

Maybe Holliday has nothing to do with who our long term SS is.  Before reading his comments on Ortiz, I thought it was Henderson.

1 minute ago, oriole said:

Yes, you are definitely right about that. He definitely chose his words carefully. Saying "somewhere" , but then coming back and saying, "most likely here".

With social media, there's no doubt other teams and fans of those teams see that.  Definitely playing poker right now.

🎶 You got to know when to fold em, know when to hold em 🎶

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

That sounds like the Padres.   Certainly doesn’t sound like the Tigers.

Could also mean the Mets? They may have traded Robertson but it's easy to imagine some trepidation over trading away some of their big pieces with the way Cohen had expected to be in a better position at this point of their season. He seems like a competitive guy. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Could also mean the Mets? They may have traded Robertson but it's easy to imagine some trepidation over trading away some of their big pieces with the way Cohen had expected to be in a better position at this point of their season. He seems like a competitive guy. 

Could be but I assume the Mets are in sell mode.  It’s just a matter if it’s only their rentals or more?

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Maybe its the Yankees depending on how badly we beat them over the weekend. :)

12 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I want Verlander..