Trade Deadline Poll

25 Nuggets

Trade Deadline Poll  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a front office failure if they do nothing at the trade deadline?

• Yes
    • No

Yes.  Especially with the Wells situation.  One starter minimum.  One starter plus one reliever needed.   The one starter being ERod would satisfy someone who could get hot and be a difference maker in the playoffs.

As much as I want something to get done, I would, without knowing what we missed, have to say no.

In fairness, they have already done something and so far it has seemed to be pretty good.  I want more, but standing pat would be disappointing, but I think failure would too strong a characterization.  Of course I expect yes to be the resounding winner here.

This is a loaded question that all depends on the players we are talking about on both side of a trade. 

It's a failure they don't both move the needled and cover depth for some injuries and down performances (like the bullpen has shown.) If they did nothing, that's negligence.

But it would also be foolish to trade just for trading sake if it's a bad deal for the Orioles. Im not looking to move a top 25 prospect for a player who is nothing more than a depth piece or #5 starter. Walk away from that if necessary.

This question is all very dependent on the details 

• Upvote 1

I voted yes. How often are the O’s going to be in first come August? The Yankees are having a bad year by their standards, you’ve gotta strike while the irons hot. I guarantee they will be completely retooled with fancy new free agents super stars to add around Judge. The farm is overflowing with good but redundant talent. There are obvious holes that will become more glaring as we get deeper into the season. To sit on your hands and do nothing is simply negligent. 

• Upvote 1

Happy to see the "no" in the lead.

Wouldn't complain if they find a young controllable starter for a few young controllable position players...  but I'd hate to see them take on a rental.. and would particularly not want to see them take on a big chunk of salary. Would rather see them spending their limited dollar pool on early extensions of emerging players.

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Removed "this season" from the question, did not mean to suggest the whole season

I'm just being a stickler, but polling questions aren't supposed to be formulated in such a way that you're leading people to a certain answer. Using words like "failure" and "nothing" are pretty suggestive and also don't address the alternative.

I'm certainly not a pollster, but I think you might cut to the core of the issue if you instead asked whether people would rather the front office to do nothing or otherwise overpay. Because Elias has said they're trying, and there's no reason to disbelieve that.