Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

Just now, crawjo said:

It's not a crime, just like it's not a crime to suspend a broadcaster for saying things that are factual. Whether or not it is a crime is not the issue that we are dealing with here. 

Oh, it's just that you used the word crime.

So I was confused.

As for Brown if he was suspended without pay it might be actionable.

2 minutes ago, crawjo said:

It's not a crime, just like it's not a crime to suspend a broadcaster for saying things that are factual. Whether or not it is a crime is not the issue that we are dealing with here. 

I'm talking about things that are wrong, not criminal. And I stand by what I said. Now, as I said above, I'm done talking about this story. 

This is like a bad version of a @Just Regularpost.  I've read it three times and I don't understand it, but didn't have a good time reading it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

D-backs fans are required to wear team or neutral colors behind home plate. Apparently this is in the terms & conditions when they purchase their ticket. I wonder what Angelos has in the fine print for O's tickets. 

Sounds like it may be a safety issue in the bright Arizona sun when the roof is open.  I could see not wanting a player hurt because he can't see a line drive due to the shirts behind the ball.  Don't know though.  That isn't dictating how the fans may cheer, though.  I would guess that virtually all teams have fine print for behavior concerning safety, legality, decency, profanity, trespassing, and the rights of other fans.

I'm just saying this rumor doesn't ring true to me.  I've not seen it reported by any reputable source.  Until I do, I'll chose to not believe that paying customers were kicked out for cheering in a manner the owner didn't like.  

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, as I said, I’m not saying it’s 100% true.  But someone else in that thread said he can confirm it and sounds like he was there.

And let’s face it, why would anyone doubt that to be true? In fact, I expected that to happen.

I don't doubt it happened really, ( just wouldn't personally be using an X account called that as proof. :D 

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't doubt it happened really, ( just wouldn't personally be using an X account called that as proof. :D 

Ironically, that guy apparently gets credit as being somewhat of an insider too. I don’t know anything about his credibility w/r/t anything but people seem to want to hear from him.

34 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

I don't have a Twitter account so I can no longer view tweets. Can you post Roch's tweets about Machado and Long? Thanks.

Roch didn't tweet about Long. I just thought Long's outfit was over the top and hilarious. Here's the Roch tweet where he mentioned Machado.

2 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Roch didn't tweet about Long. I just thought Long's outfit was over the top and hilarious. Here's the Roch tweet where he mentioned Machado.

I noticed Long's OTT outfit as well. Thought it was intentional, snarky, and hilarious. I'm surprised he didn't put an O's temporary tattoo on his cheek.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

I noticed Long's OTT outfit as well. Thought it was intentional, snarky, and hilarious. I'm surprised he didn't put an O's temporary tattoo on his cheek.

Didn't Rob Long say yesterday that the team gives them the gear/apparel to wear on air (not mandatory for them to do, just if they want to)?  That makes it even funnier.  

46 minutes ago, crawjo said:

I have a different perspective on all this today. The more I think about it, the more it bothers me that someone like Michael Kay or John Sterling would speak out about this. They literally work for a franchise that doesn't allow players to grow facial hair, and that still requires forced displays of patriotism at all home games. Those are infinitely worse crimes than what the Orioles have done to Brown.

Wait... what? You think a team policy against facial hair is worse than suspending an announcer for casually mentioning that the team has more wins against the Rays than they did the last two years combined?

The facial hair thing is silly and antiquated, the Brown suspension is being so thin-skinned and easily offended that you'd assume it was the policy of a petty and vindictive third-world dictator.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How is it a crime to have a dress code for your employees as one of the terms of employment?

Don't the majority of employers have some sort of dress code?

Yeah, I have zero problem if MASN wants its on-air personnel to wear certain clothing when they are on the air.  That’s a very different issue than micro-managing what they say.  

• Upvote 2