Bama wins recruiting war again.

mrbig1

Bama fans are bad? You must be joking. When Auburn beats Bama they're all in your face. When Bama wins you can't find an Auburn fan anywheres. They're wearing Auburn caps and with the Auburn flags on there cars. The next day after Bama wins and you're trying to rub it in there face they say I'm not a Auburn fan. There is no such thing as an Auburn fan just a second hand Bama fan. Stick with what you guys do best. Sticking your finger up a cows butt to see if she's sick are not. Please understand this is all in fun:D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bama fans are bad? You must be joking. When Auburn beats Bama they're all in your face. When Bama wins you can't find an Auburn anywheres. They're wearing Auburn caps and with the Auburn flags on there cars. The next day after Bama wins and you're trying to rub it in there face they say I'm not a Auburn fan. There is no such thing as an Auburn fan just a second hand Bama fan. Stick with what you guys do best. Sticking your finger up a cows butt to see if she's sick are not. Please understand this is all in fun:D

I'm not an Auburn fan...but I would argue that using arguments like that won't win many people onto the 'Bama side of the debate. Classy...very classy.

I'm not an Auburn fan...but I would argue that using arguments like that won't win many people onto the 'Bama side of the debate. Classy...very classy.

Eh, there's one in every crowd. Not that anyone is trying to sway you to either side of the aisle anyway. It's all in good fun, no need to judge. And besides, they called us Yankee fans first, which is way worse.

Anyway, what mrbig1 said is at least partly true. ;)

Bama fans are bad? You must be joking. When Auburn beats Bama they're all in your face. When Bama wins you can't find an Auburn fan anywheres. They're wearing Auburn caps and with the Auburn flags on there cars. The next day after Bama wins and you're trying to rub it in there face they say I'm not a Auburn fan. There is no such thing as an Auburn fan just a second hand Bama fan.

I wore my colors proud the very night of the Iron Bowl. I was in B'Ham that weekend and went out to dinner after the game wearing my Auburn hoodie. I don't know what Auburn fans your talking to but win or lose it's always better to be a burner than a bammer.:D

This past football season was my first ever outside of the state of Alabama, and i was thankful for it so i didn't have to put up with all the Bama fans coming out of the woodworks (although there were a few in South Carolina as well). I made a few trips back home to Birmingham throughout the fall and i noticed that atleast one third of the houses on my street were now flying Bama flags. I had no idea these people were even Bama fans. You could literally see dust on the flags from where they had been sitting dormant for the past few years. All i could do is chuckle.:laughlol:

If you try to rub in wins to Alabama fans (which we did for 6 straight years...remember?) all they do is bring up the 12 mythical national championships that they claim including one's like in 1941 when they lost 2 games, didn't even win the SEC title, and finished 20th in the final AP poll.:rolleyes:

Yes it's all in fun. I'm not even from Alabama. My father and brother went there. I'm from Maryland and a die hard O's fan.

This seems to be pretty common. I'm not having a go at you or anything, just making an honest observation. Much of Auburn's fan base is made of alums whereas Bama's is made up of many people whose only affiliation with Bama is having merely grown up in the state or in your case having some sort of family connection. I guess that's the way it goes with most state universities but I would venture to say Bama has the highest percentage of fans in all of college football that have never even stepped foot on the campus. That kinda just adds to the annoyance of the Alabama fan.

But you are an O's fan, so i guess I can't give you too hard of a time...you've atleast got one thing right :D;)

I hope everyone in the SEC West ignores the sensational recruiting job Petrino did at Arkansas this year. That does not account for our starting QB Mallett who will enter as one of the best in the SEC. Future is bright in Razorbackland.....Woooooo Pig.

Ugh. Petrino's even more sleazy than Saban.

Ugh. Petrino's even more sleazy than Saban.

What's funny is that the national media was proudly beating the drum that no one, and I mean no one would ever come to Arkansas with Petrino at the helm. What does his first full recruiting class net him? A very respectable number 14 national ranking, the #1 DB class, #5 OL class and a stable of decent QB's. The SEC West is a beast, but Arkansas should not be ignored. We will surprise some people.

What's funny is that the national media was proudly beating the drum that no one, and I mean no one would ever come to Arkansas with Petrino at the helm.

Really? I seem to remember a fair number of national media type folks saying that he was a recruiting guru and that he'd bring a lot of talent to Arkansas.

But I think I'd rather lose than win with him.

I know a lot of the recruiting "experts" were saying that it would be tough for Petrino to attract top talent because he has shown no loyalty to any program he's ever been a part of. I guess they figured he'd be easy to recruit against cause you could just say "look at his track record...he'll be gone in a couple years." They were saying the same thing about Saban, and i'd say he's done alright.

I don't really buy that stuff...a good recruiter will bring in talent no matter what, even if they are dis-loyal and have no integrity.

Despite what happens to Petrino, Arkansas is a sleeping giant. Their campus is in Fayetteville, which unlike the rest of the country is witnessing a financial boom. The economy is especially strong in NW Arkansas and a LOT of local Wal-Mart money is filtering in to the Razorback program. With the influx of jobs, high school football talent is also coming to the area. Petrino has done an outstanding job of keeping all of his in-state talent home (including a 5 star). Additionally, Petrino is doing a wonderful job of getting top athletes from states Arkansas never had done much in the past---namely Oklahoma, Florida, and we even have some Ohio (including Greg Oden's "little" brother) and California recruits. I honestly would not be surprised to see my Hawgs contend for a SEC West title in 2010. Woooo pig.

Archived