The return of Kevin Brown

Roy Firestone

26 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I speculate that Kevin Brown has received a fairly large lumpsum in exchange for grinning and bearing it (an NDA). I can't blame him. He presumably has a family to support. I am not in his shoes.

I speculate that whatever year-end bonus he was in line to receive has been cut in half as a result of this little adventure.

1 hour ago, OrangeTurtle said:

True, good point. But I'd think re-tweeting their boy's statement is good for a public image standpoint (as a brand) to show "alignment". But I definitely see it both ways.

No, it shows even more pettiness. Especially since they did it so quickly.

I am done with this issue for now. Brown is back, and isn’t going to make this into a distraction during the season.  I’ll sit back and enjoy his announcing and the team for the rest of the year.  Then we’ll see what happens with Brown after that.  I doubt he’ll be back, but I hope he is.  

• Upvote 3

Honestly for his career Kevin Brown hit the lottery with this situation.  He becomes a nationally known small market announcer with tons of other announcers publicly telling all who will listen that Kevin is a fine upstanding and rising future star in his industry.  

Every one is on his side.  If he leaves at the end of the year he will have no problems getting another job at higher pay than he is making now.  Kevin Brown now is in demand.  

Its perfect for his future.  This situation likely is the beginning of his career going to the next level.  

And Angelos probably gave him bonus to shut up and play nice.   He probably got more control over what he can say during the games about everything not related to this situation.  

I want to see where he goes next year.  If he is still here next year then Angelos has probably really increased his salary.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I still don’t think he’s brought back tonight if this hasn’t become the ****storm it has become. 

The thing that sucks here is that JA is most likely wondering why people think he’s an asshole. 

Lol at JA having the self-awareness to the point of speculating why people think he's an asshole AT THIS POINT.

We're far beyond that.

13 hours ago, OrangeTurtle said:

Sure, except he proves he laid down to his master. If he sleeps well at night knowing he caved, good on him!

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'm personally not getting publicly neutered like that.

Nonsense.  You can certainly do what you think necessary in your own life, but your road would likely lead him to Barstool Sports.  They need people too, I guess; but other owners seeing a positive response from a guy who by all information and indication was reprimanded for something idiotic and didn't get hot-headed about it and just let the dust settle, tells maybe as much or more about what kind of guy he is than if he had spouted off.  Sometimes quiet discretion is much more powerful than letting the dogs out.

Plus, I don't think the tweet that came from KB was scripted.  It sounds like him.  And the fact that the O's retweeted it makes me think they didn't expect that and retweeted it as acknowledgement, but even that looks shady.  Make your own response, like, "Welcome back."  Or even, "Go O's."  but even that's too much for them.  If they had totally ignored the tweet everyone would be asking, "Why didn't they respond?"  It was a non-response, response.

• Upvote 1