Saturday, August 19: O's vs A's continue the Battle of the Vowels in California

SteveA

Just now, dystopia said:

I get why he was pulled, I'm giving my OPINION as to why it was it was a bad move. And now Fuji just showed Hyde why he's a dumbass

Also it's not like Irvin hasn't started a game since April. He was starting games in mid-July. 

You would know.

We're running out of time for Fuji to be someone you can run out there in the playoffs. There's almost no proof of concept that he's a competent MLB pitcher. There's nothing to hang your hat on other than the radar gun and him ostensibly having a bunch of pitches he can throw. That's not enough to justify appearing in a do-or-die game.

If we were all feeling this frustrated seeing Fuji hang a splitter and give up the lead on a home run, just imagine the emotions Cole Irvin was feeling after having pitched so well to be eligible for the mead, be told he's getting pulled against his wish, and then see the guy behind him blow the lead/win credit. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

If we were all feeling this frustrated seeing Fuji hang a splitter and give up the lead on a home run, just imagine the emotions Cole Irvin was feeling after having pitched so well to be eligible for the mead, be told he's getting pulled against his wish, and then see the guy behind him blow the lead/win credit. 

*eligible for the win