Saturday, August 19: O's vs A's continue the Battle of the Vowels in California

SteveA

3 minutes ago, justD said:

So does he.  Did you see how long he stood, leaning over, after getting thrown out last inning?  

At least we still get to see his great plays, tho only from time to time now. 

Of course he does.  I've never claimed that his lack of hitting was due to not caring or not trying or whatever.  For whatever reason he just can't do it.  He's clearly frustrated, and I certainly would be too.  He's a great talent and even if he could just consistently OPS .700ish, I'd be happy.  His defense and baserunning ability is good enough to carry a weak bat.  But there is no defense or baserunning ability good enough to carry a bat as terrible as he's been lately IMO.  

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

Mountcastle still hitting it hard to middle of the field is a good sign.  That is out almost everywhere else but the cool air makes it lot easier to pitch for sure.  Although playing in Oakland hasn’t helped their pitchers much last few years.  

While I agree it's good that he's hitting the ball back up the middle that was a HR in 0/30 parks.