John Angelos opens his mouth again

accinfo

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/politics-power/state-government/orioles-angelos-lease-comments-6UGVFOHZ2ZBXXOAYXDHXEOWCXU/?schk=YES&rchk=YES&utm_source=The+Baltimore+Banner&utm_campaign=f2fde7419b-NL_ALRT_20230917_2200&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-f2fde7419b-[LIST_EMAIL_ID]&mc_cid=f2fde7419b&mc_eid=c989887d3a

For what is worth he indicates the Orioles were going to sign a 30 year lease extension.  I hope it is true but I would wish he would be quiet until it is actually a done deal.  As we all know he has a habit of saying things that yet to come true.  Maybe we will hear something soon.

An Angelos only show their faces when the team is celebrating or enjoying a winning season. Never around to take responsibility during bad times, but always willing to be around to take "responsibility" for the good times.

I saw the same thing in 2014 when Peter Angelos came into the dugout during those celebrations. I was in those lockerooms and saw him for the first time in like ten years walking around shaking players hands. The players were gracious but I think half of them were like, "Who's this old guy?" 

I was actually told by several players that was the first time they had ever seen him.

It's the Angelos way.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, accinfo said:

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/politics-power/state-government/orioles-angelos-lease-comments-6UGVFOHZ2ZBXXOAYXDHXEOWCXU/?schk=YES&rchk=YES&utm_source=The+Baltimore+Banner&utm_campaign=f2fde7419b-NL_ALRT_20230917_2200&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_-f2fde7419b-[LIST_EMAIL_ID]&mc_cid=f2fde7419b&mc_eid=c989887d3a

For what is worth he indicates the Orioles were going to sign a 30 year lease extension.  I hope it is true but I would wish he would be quiet until it is actually a done deal.  As we all know he has a habit of saying things that yet to come true.  Maybe we will hear something soon.

He was obviously drunk when he made that statement.

Nothing he says matters. He’s never faced any real consequences for anything in his life so he can just say things. The child was excited and used his uncanny business instincts to show his commitment to the city so we’ll buy more playoff tickets and more merch. 

44 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

An Angelos only show their faces when the team is celebrating or enjoying a winning season. Never around to take responsibility during bad times, but always willing to be around to take "responsibility" for the good times.

I saw the same thing in 2014 when Peter Angelos came into the dugout during those celebrations. I was in those lockerooms and saw him for the first time in like ten years walking around shaking players hands. The players were gracious but I think half of them were like, "Who's this old guy?" 

I was actually told by several players that was the first time they had ever seen him.

It's the Angelos way.

That was super weird. I don't remember ownership being there for previous celebrations. My only hope is he realizes that winning is actually ego-gratifying and might be willing to open up the checkbook a little more.