MLB Network hype video

Just Regular

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This video had to be put together by an Orioles fan.  There's no other way to explain Elias talking about how they had to put together an analytics department and then show him shaking hands with Rick Dempsey.  That's hilarious.

I miss Rick Dempsey on the MASN post game show even if he's a bit corny.

• Upvote 1

From the outside looking in, the core of this team is unique.  They have a great culture and comradery.  Adam Jones had Matt Wieters on his podcast recently.  About the 15-minute market Matt got nostalgic about the core on the team when he was promoted.  He said something to the effect of "if we had it to do over again we would have signed a 15-year extension".  Sure, it's hyperbole and nice talk, but I think there's a kernel of truth in that comment.  Where ideals and relationships and common pursuits matter more than money and negotiations.  

I liked the Gibson quotes about team direction and how he wanted to be here.  

1 minute ago, btdart20 said:

From the outside looking in, the core of this team is unique.  They have a great culture and comradery.  Adam Jones had Matt Wieters on his podcast recently.  About the 15-minute market Matt got nostalgic about the core on the team when he was promoted.  He said something to the effect of "if we had it to do over again we would have signed a 15-year extension".  Sure, it's hyperbole and nice talk, but I think there's a kernel of truth in that comment.  Where ideals and relationships and common pursuits matter more than money and negotiations.  

I liked the Gibson quotes about team direction and how he wanted to be here.  

I listened and thought to myself that it’s quite generous that a guy who had a 12 year career should say to another who played 12 years that if they all had it to do all over they would sign 15 year contracts with their original team. 🤡