Miggy in trouble

OriolesMagic11

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See this is where I have an issue. Congress had/has no business investigating steriods in baseball. Yes, he lied. Yes, he'll pay the price. I get that. Yet there was NO need for him to be in the position to decide between lying to Congress and sabotaging his career.

The bottom line is that he was there and he did lie. Whether or not he should have been there is no concern.

What exactly does he deserve?

Personally, I can't judge Tejada because I'm not sure how I would have acted if placed in his position. It's a lot easier to critique from afar than to do the right thing when put on the spot.

I don't really know how I would have acted. Even if I would lie, like Tejada did, that doesn't make it right or that Tejada should be punished less for what he did.

I don't really know how I would have acted. Even if I would lie, like Tejada did, that doesn't make it right or that Tejada should be punished less for what he did.

You're misunderstanding my point, which is probably my fault. Miggi did something illegal and he'll be dealt with accordingly.

What I was referring to was laying down personal judgments on him. I was just saying that I'm not going to judge his decision because I don't know how I'd react in that situation.

You're misunderstanding my point, which is probably my fault. Miggi did something illegal and he'll be dealt with accordingly.

What I was referring to was laying down personal judgments on him. I was just saying that I'm not going to judge his decision because I don't know how I'd react in that situation.

Ok. I think that he broke the law and that he'll be punished. I can't really fault him too much for what he did, but the law is the law.

Steroids are a huge, huge problem in the DR. Is it odd that both Miggy and A-Rod are both Dominican or of Dominican families? Nope. Dominicans comprised 1/3 of the positive tests in 2007. A full third.

Poor kids in the DR looking to get off the island either seek crap steroids of the worst variety, including vet steroids, or are encouraged to do so by their unethical handlers. These kids, mired in poverty, looking up to guys like Sosa, A-Rod and Miggy will do anything they can to get off the island and baseball is the one avenue of escape for them.

MLB is doing what they can, but when kids see the success of the DR idols associated with steroids, it reinforces the attitude that steroids will help them make the grade.

Miggy, I'm so ashamed for you. You're not helping.

Or DC! Oh wait, you have to get caught smoking crack with hookers and not pay your taxes for that job.

That is a great one. LOL

Tejada is a great person in and outside the field this guy is the heart of people with disabilities in his hometown Bani, but sometimes you make mistakes to learn from of it and grow up as a person.

Tejada's apology press conference can be seen here:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6257886.html

As a Miggi fan, it's tough to see him like this. Here's some of the text for those who don't want to watch the video.

"First of all, I just want to apologize," Tejada said at Minute Maid Park, hours after he entered his plea at the U.S. District Court of Washington. "I made a mistake, and now I know how serious of a mistake that I made for not answering a questions about another teammate. I take responsibility. … I’m very sorry for what happened. I’m sorry to my family, to the Congress, to the Houston Astros, the Orioles, the major leagues."

At that point, Tejada’s voice cracked as he paused to control himself.

"Take your time. It’s OK," Tejada’s attorney, Mark Tuohey, whispered to him.

"And all the fans in baseball," Tejada said several seconds later. "And I really apologize because I don’t want to be in this situation. I apologize to the whole United States, because this country gave me the opportunity to be who I am. And the last thing that I want to do is let this country down. I hope they forgive me. Thank you to the Houston Astros to support me. And to all my fans in the Dominican Republic. And I’m sorry. I’m sorry for what just happened."

Tejada's apology press conference can be seen here:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6257886.html

As a Miggi fan, it's tough to see him like this. Here's some of the text for those who don't want to watch the video.

"First of all, I just want to apologize," Tejada said at Minute Maid Park, hours after he entered his plea at the U.S. District Court of Washington. "I made a mistake, and now I know how serious of a mistake that I made for not answering a questions about another teammate. I take responsibility. … I’m very sorry for what happened. I’m sorry to my family, to the Congress, to the Houston Astros, the Orioles, the major leagues."

At that point, Tejada’s voice cracked as he paused to control himself.

"Take your time. It’s OK," Tejada’s attorney, Mark Tuohey, whispered to him.

"And all the fans in baseball," Tejada said several seconds later. "And I really apologize because I don’t want to be in this situation. I apologize to the whole United States, because this country gave me the opportunity to be who I am. And the last thing that I want to do is let this country down. I hope they forgive me. Thank you to the Houston Astros to support me. And to all my fans in the Dominican Republic. And I’m sorry. I’m sorry for what just happened."

This makes me like Tejada a whole lot more. I will be rooting for him this year.

Archived