This can be done

vab

Just getting the game back to Camden would be a big achievement, certainly do-able. Honestly, getting out of Camden might benefit the Orioles the way Texas flipped all of the O's bats to the right side. But bringing it back home to Baltimore for Game 5 would be pretty incredible.

At minimum, this is invaluable experience for the O's youngsters.

1 hour ago, TopGunnar said:

Why is Dean Kremer starting tonight? Would’ve expected the veteran Kyle Gibson instead of the guy making his postseason debut. 

I know they're trying to win a series, but I do think that Kremer getting postseason experience has value over a guy that won't be on the team next year.

Perhaps they'll use Gibson as well tonight and deal with a Game 4 starter if/when that time comes. Could be back to back "bullpen" games. They still have Irvin available as well. Personally, I like the idea of limiting our pitchers to one time through the order and try to chip away inning by inning at this 2-0 deficit.

Edited by dzorange

1 hour ago, TopGunnar said:

Why is Dean Kremer starting tonight? Would’ve expected the veteran Kyle Gibson instead of the guy making his postseason debut. 

They both need to pitch well in Texas to get the series back to Baltimore.   It doesn’t matter much, if at all, which one goes first.  

1 hour ago, dzorange said:

I know they're trying to win a series, but I do think that Kremer getting postseason experience has value over a guy that won't be on the team next year.

Perhaps they'll use Gibson as well tonight and deal with a Game 4 starter if/when that time comes. Could be back to back "bullpen" games. They still have Irvin available as well. Personally, I like the idea of limiting our pitchers to one time through the order and try to chip away inning by inning at this 2-0 deficit.

Irvin is not on the ALDS roster.

1 hour ago, mrbig1 said:

Don't get down bros, we have a great record on the road. I have faith in Kremer. We won 3 in a row all season long. if brother Dean can give us six innings of one or two runs, we should be in good shape. Stay strong. We shall overcome.

O's won 3+ 16 times during regular season, only lost 3+ three times (although two of those in September). They also haven't lost 3 in a row to any team this year, and they've only lost 4 in a row once.

Also: Every time the O's have lost 3+ in row this season, they've immediately followed that by winning 4+ in a row.

Counting the season-ending game vs. Boston, they've now lost 3 in a row. Their season-long pattern of breaking losing streaks before they really get going, combined with their killer road record (tied with Atlanta for most road wins in 2023), suggests it's a good bet the O's will find a way to win tonight.

Edited by RichmondOsFan
Adding more info
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Of course I want the O’s to win tonight so they can continue pursuing the goal of getting deeper in the playoffs and hopefully to make it to and win the World Series.   But there’s another reason I want them to win.  

Simply put, I’m not ready for the Orioles’ season to be over.   I’ve lived died with this team for more than six months, and really, even going back to spring training, when I attended three games.  It’s been such a compelling season.  It’s thrilled me, and at times, it’s drained me.  It’s just a huge part of my daily routine.  And I know all seasons eventually end, and almost always short of the ultimate prize.  But I am just not ready to wake up tomorrow and not have an Orioles game to care about.  

I am 100% thinking and feeling just like you. I have been glued to the Orioles as part of my daily routine since free agency opened up last November. I couldn't wait to get through Spring Training and get to the regular season. Every day, the Orioles, on their way to 101 regular season wins, have been a huge boost to my daily routine and has helped me enjoy some days that I wouldn't have been able to without the Orioles.

I want the Orioles season to continue. To play for something real. To feel like that entire season was all worth something in the end. I want to keep playing. I want to watch the players keep playing. And I want to watch the Orioles win some more.

It's time to revive this. #We won't stop.

13 minutes ago, SouthRider said:

O's haven't been swept all season.  Just win tonight.  Then win another.  Do that and then they get a one game playoff at home with their ace on the mound.   

I was wondering…. Do we… bring Bradish back tomorrow if we win tonight?    Just to further our chances at a game 5?   Throw Gibby game 5 if he isn’t used today

19 minutes ago, Keygans said:

I was wondering…. Do we… bring Bradish back tomorrow if we win tonight?    Just to further our chances at a game 5?   Throw Gibby game 5 if he isn’t used today

I wouldn't.   They have to win all three regardless. I'd rather give Bradish his greatest chance and put pressure on Texas in a game five.  Now, if Grod pitched well in his outing I would have used both Bradish in game four and Grayson in game five.  Unfortunately, Grayson can't be trusted in such a role this year.