Mike Elias Press Conference(Long but Interesting)

Bird Lady

Quotes are available in Roch's blog:

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/elias-1-1

“Those guys did absolutely everything asked of them, which was a lot, and they’re a really special group of guys and they had a great season. Just didn’t have a good outcome in the Division Series. It’s a round bat and a round ball and a round earth that we live in, and sometimes the ball just doesn’t bounce your way. And I think that happened for a lot of our guys.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Quotes are available in Roch's blog:

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/elias-1-1

“Those guys did absolutely everything asked of them, which was a lot, and they’re a really special group of guys and they had a great season. Just didn’t have a good outcome in the Division Series. It’s a round bat and a round ball and a round earth that we live in, and sometimes the ball just doesn’t bounce your way. And I think that happened for a lot of our guys.

Technically the earth is an irregularly shaped ellipsoid.

Just now, ThomasTomasz said:

Someone from CBS Sports already released a brief recap of this interview, scathing John Angelos and predicting he is set to pocket all of the profits and that Elias is carrying the water for him.  

This off-season will prove something, one way or another. 

You can easily run with the fact that Elias refused to commit to a higher payroll next season.

4 minutes ago, Bird Lady said:

He also said Jackson Holliday will be given the opportunity to make the team in the Spring. I realize this may be GM speak, so take it for what it's worth 

Yeah i think this quote is noteworthy compared to all of the GM speak we usually get from him in interviews.

At this point I do think the odds are in favor of him being on the Opening Day roster.   I think Mike wants the extra draft pick (again!).

How many years in a row do you guys think we can have a guy finish in the top 2 of the RoY voting?  heh

I saw an interesting quote from Elias where he mentioned that they tried trading for guys with significant Contracts.  Would love to know what deals he was working at the deadline that fell through.  I think he was all in on Verlander until the Astros swooped in. 

42 minutes ago, Bird Lady said:

He also said Jackson Holliday will be given the opportunity to make the team in the Spring. I realize this may be GM speak, so take it for what it's worth 

I do not know who would have more authority than the GM to make comments like that, among those humans who actually show themselves once in a while.