Henderson ROY, Hyde MOY, Elias EOY thread

Uli2001

IMO it is much harder to win 100+ games over the course of a loooong season than to win a few games in the post season.  Even though the  Orioles made it look very difficult to win post season games.  With the confidence they surely gained in 2023, I look for them to go all the way in 2024.

• Upvote 1

• Tony-OH changed the title to Hyde MOY, Elias EOY, Henderson ROY thread (Not official at this point)

I know this award really just goes to the manager and the executive of the team that:

1. improved alot

2. made the playoffs

But Elias' moves this year were pretty underwhelming. Aaron Hicks, O'Hearn and Coloumbe were league minimum signings/waiver claim/cash consideration trades. They racked up what? 4.0 WAR? Does that get you EotY?

Kyle Gibson, Adam Frazier, and Cole Irvin were insufficient, too close to replacement level additions. Jack Flaherty and Fujinami were bad trade deadline acquisitions. I can't even remember if they made the playoff roster. 

He has certainly earned praise (drafting Adley, drafting Gunnar, drafting Westburg, trading for Bradish, claiming Ramon Urias). But those were transactions made years ago. 

Elias had done a great job. I know it's just an acknowledgment of good work of the past few years and that this is I nit-picky. But it's an annual award! It's day one of the off-season. Entertain me.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I could only slightly understand that if the award took the totality of the season and post season.  Being as this was voted on before the post-season, it would be ridiculous if Bochy won over Hyde.  

Texas was +22 wins this season, the O’s were +18.  So, I could see the case for Bochy.  But I think Hyde deserves it more.