2023 #7 Prospect Enrique Bradfield Jr. - CF

Tony-OH

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

This is aging like milk left on the counter for three days.    "If you put a plus glove on Hamilton's profile."

What a completely incorrect comment.   The difference between you and Malike?    He had the balls to admit it.   Good luck finding yours.

Don't ever let me forget just how classy you are.

50 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Funny how you always seem to end up with insults.

You say funny but you didn't use the smiley emoticon.   Too confusing.

In 6600+ innings (about 750 games or about 5 full seasons) Billy Hamilton had  a 72 DRS and 58 OAA as a CF.   Was he a plus defender?    This is an easy one.   I bet you can't answer it.   LOL

Edited by RZNJ

I’m not sure of what to make of his, paraphrasing…getting stronger naturally, comments. You add “man muscle” to a point, but he needs more than that. No one is saying to become a body builder, but he can become more powerful and explosive without losing much, if any, speed. Even if it just bands, play and body weight stuff. I am sure they have a plan for him. 

I don’t want to read too much into that, since we don’t know what he is really saying there. @RZNJ I agree with your 70/50 scenario. Guys whose game is built on their legs tend to decline quicker.

I bet they make the changes once he gets to minor league camp. And he’ll have all year to buy in and rep it up, build into his rhythm and confidence. You never know how it will go, and whether he’ll buy in. I am optimistic, but you never know. 

4 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

JFC dude, take a pill. All I’m saying is that if Bradfield wants to put on some muscle he should try doing whatever Ced’s been doing. I said “pair him with Mullins” not put Mullins in charge of him for three months. 

Welcome to Orioles Hangout, where a bunch of trolls and losers with too much time on their hands will read too much into one word or sentence (if not completely misunderstand what you write or just be flat out wrong about what they think) that you post and go to war with you over it. 

I completely understood what you meant about Mullins/Bradfield and it's a completely reasonable thought, by the way. But only here will you unwillingly get into an argument with someone over the semantics or interpretation of it.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The word funny has multiple meanings.

I was using the one that dates back to 1806.

https://images.app.goo.gl/6jjtGPbCCDELEHeX7

This is the part of my post you accidentally cut.

In 6600+ innings (about 750 games or about 5 full seasons) Billy Hamilton had  a 72 DRS and 58 OAA as a CF.   Was he a plus defender?    This is an easy one.   I bet you can't answer it.   LOL

Edited by RZNJ

21 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Welcome to Orioles Hangout, where a bunch of trolls and losers with too much time on their hands will read too much into one word or sentence 

this is the guy that comes here to piss and moan every time someone he doesn't like is in the lineup.

I’m glad that EBJ fell to us and that are system is so loaded that we didn’t have to try and swing for the fences and draft the next superstar. Oddly enough though, EBJ could be just that but a Superstar as in he might be the best defensive CF/base runner in the AL in his 6 years of service time with us. 

Ignore race, and handedness, when making a player comp and why can’t he be like Kevin Kiermeier from 2014-2019. That was good enough for 3 GG and one top 17 mvp voting. Or even Mullins or our own Mike Deveraux. Maybe even pre-juiced Brady or Finley.

There’s a large range of speedy CF that fall between Lofton and Hamilton. 

22 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Ignore race, and handedness, when making a player comp and why can’t he be like Kevin Kiermeier from 2014-2019. That was good enough for 3 GG and one top 17 mvp voting. Or even Mullins or our own Mike Deveraux. Maybe even pre-juiced Brady or Finley.

There’s a large range of speedy CF that fall between Lofton and Hamilton. 

There’s a lot of room for his bat to be worse than any of those guys.  I’m not saying it will be.  I’m just saying I don’t care how fast you are or how good you are defensively, you still have to hit a little.  Kiermaier has a career 98 OPS+ and an ISO of .160.  

8 hours ago, RZNJ said:

No.  I know worst case scenario could be worse but that's pretty close.

Not even close to worst case scenario.

Of the 55 #17 picks in the MLB draft made between 1965 and 2019, more than half (28) either had negative career WAR (11) or didn't make the Show at all (17). So could indeed be much worse than Hamilton's run with the Reds.

• Upvote 1