Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

If I'm Elias, I'm probably giving up Cowser, Ortiz, and McDermott for Cease.  From their point of view they are getting their 2 Top 100 guys and the O's top pitching prospet. McDermott is easily replaced in a deep system lacking top Tier Prospects; I'm thinking Elias goes for some pitching in this upcoming draft with all those draft picks.

If the White Sox insist on a 4th piece, I let them pick one or two off of a list of Stowers, Haskins, Vavra, Ambruester, or Billy Cook

Everyone that could be in this trade will be 25 or 26 years old by Opening Day, except Cowser who will be 24.

20 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Maybe not awful but how quickly the WS fans accepted should tell you something.   

They suggest Kjerstad , Bradfield and the other 2. 

I pulled Kjerstad and Bradfield and subbed Cowser and Norby. I’d much rather have the first set. 

Just now, ScGO's said:

If I'm Elias, I'm probably giving up Cowser, Ortiz, and McDermott for Cease.  From their point of view they are getting their 2 Top 100 guys and the O's top pitching prospet. McDermott is easily replaced in a deep system lacking top Tier Prospects; I'm thinking Elias goes for some pitching in this upcoming draft with all those draft picks.

If the White Sox insist on a 4th piece, I let them pick one or two off of a list of Stowers, Haskins, Vavra, Ambruester, or Billy Cook

Everyone that could be in this trade will be 25 or 26 years old by Opening Day, except Cowser who will be 24.

The recent discussion is Cowser, Norby, Hovath, and Beavers.

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

“But it an old list” …. It’s not anywhere near the ask from the Reds.

You only go by the mlb pipeline rankings so according to that it’s not as good as what they asked of the Reds.  Of course, the Reds thought it was too much.  Just because your package is less doesn’t mean it still isn’t too much.   Seems like a quantity package but wit Cowser a top 15 (according to mlb) headlining it.

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

“But it an old list” …. It’s not anywhere near the ask from the Reds.

Cowser is a top 25-50 prospect, Norby has appeared on top 100 lists as recently as late in the 2023 season, and both Horvath and Beavers will be on at least some top 100 lists in 2024.

It's a bad offer, bro. 

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Lol ….ok  let’s have some of you divine wisdom 

Don't base whether or not an offer is good by considering whether it is less than the ridiculous package Getz asked for from Cinncinati because, as your "offer" shows, a trade package from the Orioles can be less than the Reds package but still be way too much.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

You only go by the mlb pipeline rankings so according to that it’s not as good as what they asked of the Reds.  Of course, the Reds thought it was too much.  Just because your package is less doesn’t mean it still isn’t too much.   Seems like a quantity package but wit Cowser a top 15 (according to mlb) headlining it.

I’m not as high on Cowser …. Let me ask you….. Would you rather trade Cowser or Westburg? 

1 minute ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Cowser is a top 25-50 prospect, Norby has appeared on top 100 lists as recently as late in the 2023 season, and both Horvath and Beavers will be on at least some top 100 lists in 2024.

It's a bad offer, bro. 

Don't base whether or not an offer is good by considering whether it is less than the ridiculous package Getz asked for from Cinncinati because, as your "offer" shows, a trade package from the Orioles can be less than the Reds package but still be way too much.

Thanks we can agree to disagree. It’s 2 years of Cease…. If you didn’t think it was way too much it wouldn’t be a fair trade.

11 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Typical ….i should’ve known 

Yea, it’s typical. I mean, why on earth would I not want to waste my time posting a poll about your trade?  The horror?

Here’s a thought…you post it. You spend your time finding out if OH is in your side.  Why in the blue hell would I give a damn if OH agrees with you about your trade or not?

36 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Right now, Westburg is the starting 2B.  Right now Kjerstad doesn’t have a spot.  I would say Cowser is next man up if Kjerstad is traded.  Beavers is one year away.   Even if Holliday is up, you have Henderson, and ?.   It’s Ortiz or Westburg.   

Only counting players ready to contribute in 2024 you have: 

Urias , Mateo, Henderson, Westburg, Holliday, Mayo, Ortiz,  Norby.  

In OF Hays, Santa,Mullins, Kjerstad, Cowser, Stowers,