MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I bet a lot of these guys prefer to miss some spring training. 

Still they'd probably want to know where they're going to be for the upcoming season ASAP for living arrangements.  

Woodruff is an interesting he probably would be out most this year but give him a 2 year deal with little money this year but decent amount next season.  I wonder what he would take 2 years.  2 years 16 million.  4 million this year 12 next with some incentives if he pitches this year and so many innings. 

On 1/15/2024 at 12:05 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

Adding another reliever makes sense if Wells is in the rotation. Some realistic fits are,

Robertson, Ottavino, and Brasier. 

Fuji on a milb deal. 

Would Chapman take a one year deal here?  Would we want him around our clubhouse?

The full list of remaining RP FA,

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/relief-pitcher/available/

I would like to add Neris if the O's aren't getting another starter.  Any chance the O's/Neris would agree on a 2 year deal?  Probably not.  Neris on 2 year deal, or 1 year, w/ option would really strengthen the bullpen.  Somebody else will probably give him 3 years. 

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Teams involved in this market of second/third tier free agent pitchers:

• Last place Nats
  • Last place Pirates
  • Last place Red Sox
  • Non playoff Padres
  • Non playoff Mariners
  • The best team in the American League

What's the 4th tier, I'm sure the O's will be more competitive at that level.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would like to add Neris if the O's aren't getting another starter. 

I agree. I would like for the Orioles to take a good look at him with analysis, and try to sign him if they determine he's as good as we think.  Then you can put someone like Hall/Wells/Irvin in the starting rotation and still feel good about the bullpen.

20 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I agree. I would like for the Orioles to take a good look at him with analysis, and try to sign him if they determine he's as good as we think.  Then you can put someone like Hall/Wells/Irvin in the starting rotation and still feel good about the bullpen.

He wants $50MM

I’d like to avoid the tier of SP that’s Ryu/Lorenzon/Paxton. Instead we should pencil Wells into the rotation and sure up the pen. 

Tier 1 - Hader

Tier 2 - Neris, Hicks, Stephenson, Chapman

Tier 3(our tier) - Robertson, Ottavino, Brasier 

MILB target - Fuji

10 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would like to add Neris if the O's aren't getting another starter.  Any chance the O's/Neris would agree on a 2 year deal?  Probably not.  Neris on 2 year deal, or 1 year, w/ option would really strengthen the bullpen.  Somebody else will probably give him 3 years. 

He’ll be in his age 35 season, I doubt anyone is giving him 3 years. I’d consider 1 with an option, but he was very fortunate last year, considering his walk rate and LOB. 

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’d like to avoid the tier of SP that’s Ryu/Lorenzon/Paxton. Instead we should pencil Wells into the rotation and sure up the pen. 

Tier 1 - Hader

Tier 2 - Neris, Hicks, Stephenson, Chapman

Tier 3(our tier) - Robertson, Ottavino, Brasier 

MILB target - Fuji

Those are some really sad options. And Hicks is off the board. 

David Robertson has pitched in 18 different playoff series with 9 teams. 42 IP. He has 175 career saves too. 

That’s a lot of experience to add to the back of our bullpen. It could also help to not run Cano into the ground. When he was fresh early on, he was electric and unhittable. 

1yr 8 million?

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

David Robertson has pitched in 18 different playoff series with 9 teams. 42 IP. He has 175 career saves too. 

That’s a lot of experience to add to the back of our bullpen. It could also help to not run Cano into the ground. When he was fresh early on, he was electric and unhittable. 

1yr 8 million?

I'd do it, but he is 38 and showed signs of slowing down last year, so definitely not sure thing. 

13 hours ago, bpilktree said:

Woodruff is an interesting he probably would be out most this year but give him a 2 year deal with little money this year but decent amount next season.  I wonder what he would take 2 years.  2 years 16 million.  4 million this year 12 next with some incentives if he pitches this year and so many innings. 

16 M gamble?   Please, stop dreaming.   Also it was shoulder surgery which is almost always worse and less predictable than elbow surgery.