MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

27 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

'Tis the season:

Well, that will be an interesting one.  At one year of service time, Nats C Keibert Ruiz signed an 8-year deal last offseason for $50 mm with two option years at $12 and $14 mm.  I wonder if Alvarez will get more.  

Edited by Frobby

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Well, that will be an interesting one.  At one year of service time, Nats C Keibert Ruiz signed an 8-year deal last offseason for $50 mm with two option years at $12 and $14 mm.  I wonder if Alvarez will get more.  

Hmmmmm...

Keibert Ruiz vs Adley Rutschman

• Hits: 261 to 264
  • HRs: 29 to 33
  • RBI: 119 to 122
  • SB: 7 to 5
  • WS Rings: 1 to 0

They seem like pretty similar players, let's see if Adley will sign an 8/50 deal. 🙂

9 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Ryu on a 1yr/$5-6 million deal makes a lot of sense. Heck, that’s the going rate just for a decent LH RP. It’s an insurance policy that is well worth the risk. Even if he is just a 5 and dive type. Lefties play up in OPACY. 

He must just want to go back to Korea. Someone here would give him more than 3-4 for a year. Probably figures less stress/taxes.

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s out of date.  Ruiz switched from Boras a few weeks before signing his deal.

Interesting.    It feels like there was perhaps cause and effect there.     Boras famously detests what he calls the "snuff contracts" that at a glance Keibert's seems to resemble.

Googling I see this player letting Boras go was almost exactly this date on the calendar last year.   

Cot's has Burnes, Irvin, Gunnar and Grayson listed with him as of today on our 40-man, if anyone's unhappy.     One NRI of minor significance.

So honestly how much longer do these guys that are pitchers have to sign before they won’t be ready for opening day.  I would think they have to be getting close.  How long was spring training other year when there was a lockout?  

Just now, bpilktree said:

So honestly how much longer do these guys that are pitchers have to sign before they won’t be ready for opening day.  I would think they have to be getting close.  How long was spring training other year when there was a lockout?  

I saw the other day that Glasnow was already hitting the mid 90's.

I'm sure the guys that aren't signed are working and won't take very long to ramp up.