Realistic Free Agent #3 Pitchers

ScGO's

I think it might be likely that this is the route Elias goes, especially if he can't find a trade for a pitcher.  The Kimbrel signing for $13 Million is pretty telling on what Elias will probably spend on a Free Agent #3 Pitcher. It will be an arm that he feels he can sign for 1-2 years for 10 to 18 Million a year

These are my best guesses as to who he's been on the phone with and what it might take to bring them to Baltimore. This also doesn't mean I want to sign any of these guy in particular (heck Jack Flaherty's on the list). For these prices, who is worth it in Elias' eyes and budget?

Marcus Stroman - 2 Year 36 Million

Hyun Jin Ryu - 1 Year 10 Million

Michael Wacha - 2 Year 32 Million

Mike Clevinger - 2 Year 28 Million

Lucas Giolito - 1 Year 18 Million

Jack Flaherty - 1 Year 12 Million

Martin Perez - 1 Year 11 Million

Cory Kluber - 1 Year 8 Million

James Paxton - 1 year 9 Million

Michael Lorenzen - 2 year 20 Million

Frankie Montas - 1 Year 12 Million

Stroman, Ryu, Wacha, Giolito are all worth considering if it comes to that, which I hope it doesn't.

I don't believe the Kimbrel signing signals anything at all about what Elias will spend on starting pitching although 1-2 years is likely to be favorable.

9 hours ago, ScGO's said:

I think it might be likely that this is the route Elias goes, especially if he can't find a trade for a pitcher.  The Kimbrel signing for $13 Million is pretty telling on what Elias will probably spend on a Free Agent #3 Pitcher. It will be an arm that he feels he can sign for 1-2 years for 10 to 18 Million a year

These are my best guesses as to who he's been on the phone with and what it might take to bring them to Baltimore. This also doesn't mean I want to sign any of these guy in particular (heck Jack Flaherty's on the list). For these prices, who is worth it in Elias' eyes and budget?

Marcus Stroman - 2 Year 36 Million

Hyun Jin Ryu - 1 Year 10 Million

Michael Wacha - 2 Year 32 Million

Mike Clevinger - 2 Year 28 Million

Lucas Giolito - 1 Year 18 Million

Jack Flaherty - 1 Year 12 Million

Martin Perez - 1 Year 11 Million

Cory Kluber - 1 Year 8 Million

James Paxton - 1 year 9 Million

Michael Lorenzen - 2 year 20 Million

Frankie Montas - 1 Year 12 Million

I’m wouldn’t get your hopes up

A number of these guys would be useful. Some more than others. Kluber is toast. At the very least, another body would allow Tyler Wells and DL Hall to remain in the bullpen unless it's necessary that they don't, which I think is the best course of action. Irvin is the #6 and maybe McDermott or Povich progress well enough to show they need an audition if a #7 starter is needed.