Jackson Holliday spring training watch

Frobby

On 2/15/2024 at 2:40 PM, Aglets said:

Yeah in Roch's latest article he has Holliday reporting to camp early.

Players in Orioles camp excited to have Burnes on the club - Blog (masnsports.com)

The quote from Hyde about Mayo I find fairly interesting. If Jackson will get every opportunity to start at second moving Westburg to third, is it possible Westburg gets moved and Mayo stepping in at third?

* Hyde said Mayo probably will play third base and first base in camp to let him get comfortable. Mayo has been preparing to get reps in right field.

“We think he’s still got a chance to play third base in the big leagues, so want to give him every opportunity, get him with our major league infield guys. He’s going to play a lot there this spring.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Holliday being the best player on the team within 2 years is very possible imo.

It’s often very subjective.  Who’s better, Adley or Gunnar?  Depends who you ask.  Maybe in two years we’re having a three-way argument.  

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Part of the 1,000 pound club.  Impressive.

1200 club, and he's currently at what my max was at age 34... well 305, 465, 500 for me but same total. Very impressive for his age.