McKenna......WHY ??????

Joep

Don’t understand why the O’s keep entertaining the idea of keeping Mckenna around when you have Cowser, Stowers and Kjerstad in the wings for a spot on the Roster…we already know McKenna can’t hit……

• Upvote 2

McKenna would be here to barely play. You don’t have Cowser or Kjerstad to barely play.

Now, the argument could be that they should make sure that those guys play a lot, even if it means taking at bats away from the vets…I agree with that but if that’s not what they will do, McKenna makes more sense.

He's especially expendable if the O's are serious about Mateo as a backup CF, mainly against lefties.  Seems like one of them will somehow get moved maybe sooner than later.  Unless Mullins gets moved or needs time on the DL.  

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

I think we saw why today

The issue is defensively McKenna is the best option as the backup CF with the current major league roster options. McKenna does have some value to the organization with his defensive skills even with his less than impressive bat compared to Kjerstad and Cowser.

Ideally the Orioles groom someone to be the best option behind Mullins at CF. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

I can’t see him making the team unless there  is an injury. 

It’s possible they could send both Cowser and Kjerstad out but I tend to doubt it. If Holliday doesn’t make it I expect someone like Wong to make it instead. 

He is still here because you never know what health issues can pop up and he isn’t costing them a 40 man spot they would rather have for someone else.