Opening Day Tickets

helloharv

Has anyone noticed the price of tickets on Seat Geek and Stub Hub.  

Prices are outrageous compared to last year at this same time and much more than I paid for Game 2 of the PLAYOFFS 

400 and 500 a piece to sit behind left field wall 

Hopefully the O's release more tickets from the plans they didn't sell 

Yea it sucks. My guy that I can always rely on is telling me that he may not be able to get tickets this year. 

And what really annoys me that you will have a bunch of 25 or younger kids there acting like total dipsh!ts because they are drunk off their minds, miss half the game and don’t remember how it ends. 

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep.  Really regret not pulling the trigger on that.

Flex plan is really a can't lose situation. Just spend the pre-paid funds on good seats for desirable games - you will get at least your money back on Seat Geek if you can't use them and then, as a Birdland Member, you still get your discounted prices for the games you end up being able to attend.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Flex plan is really a can't lose situation. Just spend the pre-paid funds on good seats for desirable games - you will get at least your money back on Seat Geek if you can't use them and then, as a Birdland Member, you still get your discounted prices for the games you end up being able to attend.

I actually really like what the Os have done with their season tickets. Even when I was there we were ahead of many teams.

Now with all the discounts on food, drinks, merchandise, etc…it’s really smart.

We have Hersheypark season passes and they offer similar stuff to that. If you go enough, all of that extra stuff pays for the cost of the tickets.

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

I pulled the trigger on a $1200 flex last fall to get playoff tickets. Glad I did!! I won't use all $1200 personally, but I've spread the word to friends who might want tickets to a game or two. They benefit from my 15% discount while helping me deplete the $1200. It really is a no brainer if you go to even a few games.

I just went and checked SeatGeek....my seats are estimated to sell for $308-$328 each plus I've had a schedule conflict pop up on 3/28 since I bought them. Hate to say it, but I'm probably pulling the trigger on selling them via SeatGeek. I could pay for nearly half of my plan with the profit. Prices are craaaaazy.

I just texted my kids to get their thoughts.

Edited by CP0861

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The playoff tickets were also listed at crazy prices then day of game you could get them at face value.  I'd wait till day of the game  

No question. It’s always way more the further out the event is.

22 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The playoff tickets were also listed at crazy prices then day of game you could get them at face value.  I'd wait till day of the game  

I totally regret spending what I did for the playoff game I attended. Obviously, I'd feel better about it had they won. But I'm not sure I'm going to do that again - the risk is so high, and I'll be honest, I didn't have that "well I'm glad I saw it in person" feeling. I really wasn't lol. It actively bummed me out, AND I was out a bunch of money. 

Maybe next time I'd do a standing room only ticket and just float around the stadium. 

On 3/7/2024 at 12:26 PM, CP0861 said:

I pulled the trigger on a $1200 flex last fall to get playoff tickets. Glad I did!! I won't use all $1200 personally, but I've spread the word to friends who might want tickets to a game or two. They benefit from my 15% discount while helping me deplete the $1200. It really is a no brainer if you go to even a few games.

I just went and checked SeatGeek....my seats are estimated to sell for $308-$328 each plus I've had a schedule conflict pop up on 3/28 since I bought them. Hate to say it, but I'm probably pulling the trigger on selling them via SeatGeek. I could pay for nearly half of my plan with the profit. Prices are craaaaazy.

I just texted my kids to get their thoughts.

Just sold them!  Section 208. 3 tickets. Bought them for $294 total ($90 each plus $24 in fees) and just sold them for $349 each, or $1,047. My cut will be $942 after fees.

That pays for buying the 3 OD tickets plus more than half of the $1200 for my plan.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, CP0861 said:

Just sold them!  Section 208. 3 tickets. Bought them for $294 total ($90 each plus $24 in fees) and just sold them for $349 each, or $1,047. My cut will be $942 after fees.

That pays for buying the 3 OD tickets plus more than half of the $1200 for my plan.

So you came here to a bunch of O’s fans to brag about how much money you made selling your tickets to O’s fans for a jacked up secondary cost? Interesting.