Opening Day Tickets

helloharv

21 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

So you came here to a bunch of O’s fans to brag about how much money you made selling your tickets to O’s fans for a jacked up secondary cost? Interesting. 

This is literally a thread about high OD prices.  I'm so sorry you don't approve, but I promise you I'm not worried about what anyone here thinks of how I spend my money.

Not bragging. Sorry you seem offended. I've paid secondary market prices myself for certain games - I'm a fan of capitalism so it is what it is, there are pros and cons. I've also offered PLAYOFF tickets on this site at face value (exchange). Was simply making the point that they're selling for 3.5x face....in a thread about high OD prices.

Edited by CP0861

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

You mean the announcement of Jackson Holliday to AAA hasn't sent the prices of OD tickets plummeting? Weird.

Actually, you can get “okay” deals right now but $53 a ticket in fees is awful.

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2024 at 10:44 PM, RVAOsFan said:

So you came here to a bunch of O’s fans to brag about how much money you made selling your tickets to O’s fans for a jacked up secondary cost? Interesting. 

Now, now. What if those tickets were bought by the Nevin family?

• Haha 1

I know this is an OD discussion, but last year for the games I attended, I waited until the day of and bought them really cheap. For instance, Tue Apr 2 down the 3rd base line, tickets can be had for under $30 including fees and $45 around home plate.

Now it's only the Royals, but I'd counter and say it's also the O's.

I plan on attending quite a few games this year and skipped the ticket plan in hopes of buying cheaper tickets online but that leaves OD out, plus I like warmer weather. :) 

OD this year is pretty much like infield tickets for Pimlico. It’s a drinking event. So if you buy now you’re paying that premium. Wait till the morning of, or the night before, and the amateur “scalpers” will get worried and start to sell. Just like the playoff game. 

Hopefully, everyone that wanted to go was able to. 

Stubhub had some tickets in the $62-$75 range at 7 am yesterday. Standing Room Only went down to $45. However, once the forecast changed most seats were in the $80-$100 range. Orioles.com weee even releasing some tickets in the $150+ range sporadically. 

This must’ve been professional scalpers because they even held till the bitter end and just let the listings expire at game time. 

Just passing along info, in case this helps anyone in the future. We’re all getting used to certain games being a tough ticket. 

On 3/25/2024 at 11:53 AM, DenPA2002 said:

I know this is an OD discussion, but last year for the games I attended, I waited until the day of and bought them really cheap. For instance, Tue Apr 2 down the 3rd base line, tickets can be had for under $30 including fees and $45 around home plate.

Now it's only the Royals, but I'd counter and say it's also the O's.

I plan on attending quite a few games this year and skipped the ticket plan in hopes of buying cheaper tickets online but that leaves OD out, plus I like warmer weather. :) 

Get the flex plan! Go to whatever games you want and get 15% off face value. Plus you'll get dibs to OD and playoff games (which you can flip for profit!!! 🤣🤑😏)