Best 26

Rutschman, McCann

Mountcastle, Mayo, Holliday, Westburg, Henderson, Mateo

Mullins, Santander, Hays, Cowser, Kjerstad

Burnes, Rodriguez, Kremer, Irvin, Wells

Kimbrel, Cano, Coulombe, Perez, Tate, Webb, Baumann, A reliever acquired in an OHearn or Urias trade

43 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Rutschman, McCann

Mountcastle, Mayo, Holliday, Westburg, Henderson, Mateo

Mullins, Santander, Hays, Cowser, Kjerstad

Kimbrel, Cano, Coulombe, Perez, Tate, Webb, Baumann, A reliever acquired in an OHearn or Urias trade

I mostly agree with this, though I believe Stowers has earned that last outfield spot so far this spring.    Maybe one or two differences in the bullpen based on performance thus far this spring.  Henderson, Mayo, Cowser, and Stowers are showing they're ready.  It's a great vet / youth mix that provides enough options to keep everybody fresh over 162.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, billhatf said:

I mostly agree with this, though I believe Stowers has earned that last outfield spot so far this spring.    Maybe one or two differences in the bullpen based on performance thus far this spring.  Henderson, Mayo, Cowser, and Stowers are showing they're ready.  It's a great vet / youth mix that provides enough options to keep everybody fresh over 162.

Stowers over Kjerstad?

1B Mountcastle 

2B Holliday 

SS Henderson

3B Mayo

C Rutschman

LF Cowser

CF Mullins

RF Santander 

DH Kjerstad 

McCann, Hays, Westburg, Mateo

Burnes, GRod, Kremer, Wells, Irvin

Kimbrel/Cano/Coulombe/Suarez/Tate/Baumann

Teheran/McDermott 

• Upvote 3

Rutschman, McCann

Mountcastle, Mayo, Holliday, Westburg, Henderson, O'Hearn

Mullins, Santander, Hays, Cowser, Stowers

Kimbrel, Cano, Coulombe, Perez, Tate, Webb, Baumann, Suarez - I really wanna see 1 or 2 different guys here, but I think this is the best there is.

I wanna see if O'Hearn can repeat his first half last year or be better. No shift was good for him.

I wouldn't have offered arb to Urias or Mateo with what's in the pipeline. Holliday and Mayo are better today then both of them, Mateo for sure.

Urias loses out to Mayo. Just the way it goes.

Mateo 🤮

Edited by spleen1015

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

1B Mountcastle 

2B Holliday 

SS Henderson

3B Mayo

C Rutschman

LF Cowser

CF Mullins

RF Santander 

DH Kjerstad 

McCann, Hays, Westburg, Mateo

Burnes, GRod, Kremer, Wells, Irvin

Kimbrel/Cano/Coulombe/Suarez/Tate/Baumann

Teheran/McDermott 

This is about where I'm at but I think I'd rather have Westburg in the lineup somewhere than Mountcastle, so Mayo 1B/Westburg 3B. And Wells in the bullpen with Teheran/McDermott winner in the rotation. 

Our young guys, like Cowser, Kjerstad, Stowers, Holiday and Mayo, have not had regular exposure to MLB pitching. Will we see an adjustment period when they come up? Since we are definitely in a "win now" mode, should we go with veterans that at least have a track record against MLB pitching, like Urias, O'hearn and Mountcastle? Who do you think are better players RIGHT NOW?

8 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Our young guys, like Cowser, Kjerstad, Stowers, Holiday and Mayo, have not had regular exposure to MLB pitching. Will we see an adjustment period when they come up? Since we are definitely in a "win now" mode, should we go with veterans that at least have a track record against MLB pitching, like Urias, O'hearn and Mountcastle? Who do you think are better players RIGHT NOW?

The young guys are better right now than McKenna, Mateo and Urias.  They may not make the roster, but that's due to considerations beyond 'better'.  

11 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

The young guys are better right now than McKenna, Mateo and Urias.  They may not make the roster, but that's due to considerations beyond 'better'.  

I agree with McKenna and Mateo, not sure if I agree on Urias. 

8 hours ago, Philip said:

With all the depth, is Mountcastle really one of our best 26?

asking for a friend…

I raised that above as well. If you buy into Mayo as 3B, then Mountcastle is probably the best option for 1B. His .779 OPS+ last year was 5th on the team, just after Santander. 

If you think Westburg would be an upgrade over Mayo at 3B, or if you think Westburg can improve and straight up outhit Mountcastle, then Mountcastle doesn't make it.