Opening Day Weather

SteveA

2 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

2003.  I was in the upper deck behind home plate, and I couldn't see Jay Gibbons out in RF through the snow.  And, Gibbons couldn't see the ball that was hit to him shortly thereafter.  After that play (which scored a run), they delayed the game finally.  O's wound up winning in extras, if I'm still recalling correctly.

Sounds right.  I was at that one.

image.png.4fdf35fa65ae43d017c75edb191cad9d.png

In my complete inexpert opinion, "overcast with rain showers at times", trending toward no rain at all into the evening hardly seems like any reason to postpone the game.

While I do have tickets and while technically either day would probably work for me personally, for some members of my party, Friday would not work, so I'm definitely rooting for it to stay on Thursday.

Apparently things are trending in the right direction in terms of it being dry in the afternoon.

OTOH, Friday will definitely be nicer but it will also be windier. 

Would think they still play on Thursday unless something changes with the storm track.

• Upvote 1

They made the wrong call last year in hopes of having the nicer day. This year, it seems like the nicer day will definitely be Friday but also seems like postponing the game would be wrong in terms of doing it for weather reasons. 

Of course, the pre game stuff is also a big deal for OD, so they may prefer to have the nicer day for everything/everyone involved.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They made the wrong call last year in hopes of having the nicer day. This year, it seems like the nicer day will definitely be Friday but also seems like postponing the game would be wrong in terms of doing it for weather reasons. 

Of course, the pre game stuff is also a big deal for OD, so they may prefer to have the nicer day for everything/everyone involved.

I just hope they announce everything by tomorrow.  Pretty sure they did it 24 hours ahead of time last year.

Sorry - don't know where else to post this. 

I saw you had a bridge collision/collapse back there.   I hope you and your families are safe and unharmed.   Scary stuff. 

Will this affect preening day?

Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Sorry - don't know where else to post this. 

I saw you had a bridge collision/collapse back there.   I hope you and your families are safe and unharmed.   Scary stuff. 

Will this affect preening day?

Thanks. 

If you're taking I-95 South to get to 395, prepare for that to be a disaster. People who live in Dundalk and Edgemere now have no choice but to take either 95 or 895 to get across the river.

They would definitely play tomorrow if it was just any other game.  It looks like it will be dry by game time.

However, since they have all the pregame stuff, it wouldn’t be surprising if they pushed the game to Friday. 

Edited by Sports Guy

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

They would definitely play tomorrow if it was just any other game.  It looks like it will be dry by game time.

However, since they have all the pregame stuff, it wouldn’t be surprising if they pushed the game to Friday. 

And Friday is supposed to be nice. There’s really no reason they should try and force it. If Friday looked crap I’d say might as well try to play.  

23 minutes ago, scottbbfm said:

And Friday is supposed to be nice. There’s really no reason they should try and force it. If Friday looked crap I’d say might as well try to play.  

Except that it has been scheduled for months and people have made plans to attend and Friday is a holiday, which the same people may have already made plans for.