3/28 Opening Day 2024: The Next Chapter.

Satyr3206

5 minutes ago, 86this said:

I just hope he's not a one year and done with the O's.

We aren't contractually obligated to say this every time we rave about him, FYI to you and everyone else.  Not the time to worry about that!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If a team that loses a qualifying free agent does not receive revenue sharing and did exceed the luxury-tax salary threshold the previous season, it is awarded a compensatory pick after the fourth round. San Diego Padres Compensation for Josh Hader. The Astros forfeited their second-round pick for signing Hader. San Diego Padres Compensation for Blake Snell. The Giants forfeited their third-round pick for signing Snell. Toronto Blue Jays Compensation for Matt Chapman. The Giants forfeited their second-round pick for signing Chapman.
    • If a team that loses a qualifying free agent does not receive revenue sharing and did not exceed the luxury-tax salary threshold the previous season, it is awarded a compensatory pick after Competitive Balance Round B.   Los Angeles Angels Compensation for Shohei Ohtani. The Dodgers forfeited their second- and fifth-round picks for signing Ohtani.
    • picks If a team that loses a qualifying free agent is a revenue-sharing recipient and the free agent signs for at least $50 million, the team will be awarded a pick between the first round and Competitive Balance Round A.   Minnesota Twins Compensation for Sonny Gray. The Cardinals forfeited their second-round pick for signing Gray.
    • The answer appears to be, yes, you can receive more than one compensation picks. Angels -- Shohei Ohtani: Pick after Competitive Balance Round B Blue Jays -- Matt Chapman: Pick after Round 4 Cubs -- Cody Bellinger: Pick after Competitive Balance Round B Padres -- Blake Snell: Pick after Round 4 Padres -- Josh Hader: Pick after Round 4
    • the question isn’t about being able to make the offers, it’s about being awarded compensatory picks for more than one.
    • I don’t consider a 4 o’clock game a night game. He also caught Wednesday night and Thursday day this week. Moral of the story is McCann will start 4 games in 7 days because he is Burnes preferred catcher.
    • It is absolutely possible. In 2022, the Mets gave a QO to Bassitt, Nikki, and DeGrom. The Red Sox gave a QO to Boegarts and Eovaldi. The Yankees gave a QO to Judge and Rizzo. The Dodgers gave a QO to Turner and Anderson. I know that it seems to be a foregone conclusion that Santander will not be on the team after this season, and while I generally agree that it is more probable than not that he will not be re-signed, I do think there is a non-zero chance that he will be retained. I think he is the most likely of Mullins, Hays, and himself to be retained, even if it is a small chance. The team has told us how they feel about his bat because he plays essentially everyday, and I have heard Kostka say that they value his clubhouse presence.
  • Popular Contributors