2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

For his 532 inning career, Flexen has extreme reverse splits.

Righthanded hitters OPS an amazing .869 against him, while lefties have OPSed .723.

So those of you wondering why McCann and Hays are in the lineup, but Adley, Cowser, and Stowers aren't, probably need look no farther than that stat.

We maxed out on RH batters almost as much as possible, the only righty on the bench is Urias.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Since McCann isn't really mashing lefties they could be doing the rotation based on pitcher. Just a thought.

You could be right… I just thought it was interesting. Hopefully him and Adley don’t have a problem. 

6 minutes ago, dystopia said:

You could be right… I just thought it was interesting. Hopefully him and Adley don’t have a problem. 

Tomorrow's a day game after a night game and maybe they want Adley to catch a possible rookie debut.

53 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So far, starting outfield: 0 for 9

Does Hyde look at batting averages when he pencils in the lineup? 

Hays .167

Mullins .195

Santander .202

21 minutes ago, Natty said:

Does Hyde look at batting averages when he pencils in the lineup? 

Hays .167

Mullins .195

Santander .202

Santander might be lucky to get a 2 year deal unless he really picks it up.  Hays is entering nontender territory and being some team's 4th OF next year.  I thought it might be a big decision on whether to keep or trade Hays.  It's looking like Hays needs to go, and doesn't look like there will be much trade value.  I know it's early, but other than a few hard hits when he first came back from IL, he's done nothing.

14 hours ago, Spy Fox said:

O'Hearn could be in RF. 😎

At least he’s hitting. Can’t understand why Santander, a FA to be, needs to play every day when he’s struggling and has an OBP well below .300. 

9 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

O'Hearn's been part of the slump too - .600 or less OPS on all of his last 7/14/21 days splits.

I noticed on Thursday he was not squaring up some balls that he would have mashed earlier this year.  Everyone hits a cold spell eventually.  Guess it’s his turn.  On the other hand, Mounty looks like he’s snapping out of a 3+ week cold spell.  

4 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

I'd bet money 2 out of Hays, Santander and Mullins are on someone else's roster next year.

Not too hard to envision.  Santander is a FA so that one is pretty easy.  Most thought he was/is gone even with a good year.   Of the other two, I’d put my money on Hays not coming back if I had to choose one.