2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

31 minutes ago, accinfo said:

So you are saying Hyde doesn’t think he is throwing out his best 9 players he think can win with?  Why do you think he plays Mateo?  This team  managed by Hyde has been winning at a 650 percentage for 1 year and a half now.  

Always back to the 101 wins. As if we can’t get better. As if nothing is wrong. I don’t fault Hyde for inserting Mateo over Urias. I am faulting Elias for continuing to throw Mateo out there vs. RHP. There is a potential solution in Mayo. We know Mateo is not the solution against RHP. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Looks like they are now dedicated to finding playing time for Kjerstad, unlike his Major League stint from a bit earlier in the season. I wonder what changed?

What changed is Cowser has OPS'd under .600 for 2 straight months. And also, they couldn't recall Stowers yet when they DFA'd Maton because it hasn't been 10 days. I think it's a little early to say they are "dedicated" to finding Heston playing time, but I hope so. He's played in, what, 3 out of 4? I think he's going to eat Cowser's ABs while he's here, but that's about all you can say right now. 

I certainly think they should give him some consistent run though. He's going to mash, and he's making some decent plays in the field of late. 

Also doesn't hurt for teams scouting him if Elias decides he wants to pull that particular trigger. 

Edited by interloper

22 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Looks like they are now dedicated to finding playing time for Kjerstad, unlike his Major League stint from a bit earlier in the season. I wonder what changed?

All along it has looked like it would be hard to find consistent time for both along with Santander and Hays. My prediction is that Cowser would struggle and then Kjerstad would get a turn. That seems to be what's happening although it took a bit longer than I anticipated. 

54 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

All along it has looked like it would be hard to find consistent time for both along with Santander and Hays. My prediction is that Cowser would struggle and then Kjerstad would get a turn. That seems to be what's happening although it took a bit longer than I anticipated. 

I'm not sure that I understand the grouping of Santander with Hays. One is good, probably an All-star this season, and tied for 4th in MLB in home runs. The other....... well he had a .383 slugging and a sub .700 OPS. 

IMO if you give Kjerstad and Cowser the same number of ABs, I highly doubt that either would be tied for 4th in the Majors in home runs.