2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

11 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I acknowledge that the 3 starters that they have going this series are very good. But their offense and pen are not. I don't worry much about "trap series" or even "big series" with this team. Over the last year and a half (in the regular season) they tend to roll no matter what.

This is not good.  We need @Roy Firestone  to respond and reverse this.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, EdwinRip said:

Cowser not starting 3 days in a row.  

I could see him getting optioned for Mayo tomorrow. Two lefties in a row. Give Hays some run, try out Mayo, bring Cowser back after the AS break. 

Edited by interloper

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No Hays despite good numbers vs Taillon.

Probably going to see him against Imanaga and Steele in the next two days. I'm surprised Cowser isn't in the lineup tonight with 2 LHP on the mound the next two days but I'd imagine he's going to start over Mullins or Kjerstad in those games.

54 minutes ago, Malike said:

Probably going to see him against Imanaga and Steele in the next two days. I'm surprised Cowser isn't in the lineup tonight with 2 LHP on the mound the next two days but I'd imagine he's going to start over Mullins or Kjerstad in those games.

Yeah, I think Mullins is bad vs LHP and Cowser is likely to start in CF at least once vs a lefty.

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2024 at 12:17 PM, Sanity Check said:

I think we will struggle to score runs against these guys.  Imanaga is the real deal, the kind of pitcher that will give us fits.

Wow, if only someone saw this coming.....hate to say it, but Justin Steele will also shut us down.  I love my O's, but I  also know our weaknesses, and we've never really played well against the Cubs as far as a I can remember since inter-league play began.