Coby Mayo 2024

Tony-OH

34 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Man, Mayo didn’t even get the same amount of courtesy that Holliday did!

Yes, but Holliday's first trip was early in the year. It's crunch time now and this team needs a jolt. We were hoping Coby would be that jolt based on his AAA numbers. It's not the time of year however to be waiting for readiness to show itself when playoffs are at stake. Coby looks lost at the plate and he isn't Brooks at third. Man, I think losing Westy hurts as bad if not more as Bradish and GRod.  There just arn't many options.

2 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Yes, but Holliday's first trip was early in the year. It's crunch time now and this team needs a jolt. We were hoping Coby would be that jolt based on his AAA numbers. It's not the time of year however to be waiting for readiness to show itself when playoffs are at stake. Coby looks lost at the plate and he isn't Brooks at third. Man, I think losing Westy hurts as bad if not more as Bradish and GRod.  There just arn't many options.

And yet the team is somehow surviving. 

0-15 with 10 K's.   That's someone who needs to go back to the minors.  Good lord.  I'm thrilled Holliday is starting to succeed at the MLB level.  Hopefully Mayo will too one day, but that day is not today...

Predictably the natives have gone restless and have turn on the wunderkind who was expected to come in and do what hardly no one else has done - come straight from AAA and start immediately raking.

Hopefully, from here on out fans will consider managing expectations for these young guys in a way that is more realistic.

But who am I kidding? That will probably never happen.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Predictably the natives have gone restless and have turn on the wunderkind who was expected to come in and do what hardly no one else has done - come straight from AAA and start immediately raking.

Hopefully, from here on out fans will consider managing expectations for these young guys in a way that is more realistic.

But who am I kidding? That will probably never happen.

We need Mayo!! We need Mayo!!!  Urias sucks!

Mayo: 0-15

Mayo’s awful, get him out of here, he can’t hit! And I was told that his defense wasn’t great but I wasn’t paying attention but now that I’ve seen him make an error I can’t stand it! Where’s Urias?!?

• Upvote 2