Everybody here loves an Oriole win of course...but what would you RATHER have? A laugher or a walk off?

I loved Monday night's game, though it was tense and uncomfortable at times. The game was electric and it was only the 4th game of the  season. It clocked in at about 2 hours 35 minutes, a speedy, penetrating game that gave us some thrills and some anxiety too. So heres the question.

Would you rather have a one sided win or a thrilling walk off victory?

Theres something to be said for both.

Tha laugher relaxes you as you marvel at how talented and effective your team is...and how pitiful the other time is.

But the walk off seems more satisfying, more thrilling, even though you pay the price in the innings prior with your tension and worry.

I counted 6 walk offs last year including 3 of 4 in one homestead.I love the walk off HR, but there were all kinds of walk offs for the Orioles last year....a passed ball, an errant throw, a sacrifice fly...but the walk off HR is one of the greatest thrills a fan can experience...I'll take any win..but give me a walk off over a laugher...how about you?

Edited by Roy Firestone
  • Upvote 1

• Roy Firestone changed the title to Everybody here loves an Oriole win of course...but what would you RATHER have? A laugher or a walk off?
3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Tense and uncomfortable is not enjoyable for me.  Sure, the walk off is more satisfying but the laugher is more enjoyable.  

Can we have both? The tense games keep the bullpen sharp, the laughers let them rest and recover. 

I guess I'm in the minority but I prefer a close game (walkoff even better). That tense thrill is the whole reason to watch sports IMO. And I always hated the bandwagon teams (Yankees, Lakers etc) that stacked the lineup and had a lot of laughers as a result.

I've had this asked of me in regards to football games involving my Redskins and Longhorns, and my response is always, "I've seen a MILLION close/thrilling games already; I'll take a blowout any day".  And that applies here as well.  But I'll take them all!

A walkoff provides the big thrill in the moment, but a laugher makes you feel better about the team long term. Opening Day the Orioles looked flawless. I'm happy about the result last night, but have lingering questions about the offense, Kremer's ability to pitch to tougher lineups, Kimbrel and Cano's effectiveness as a backend, etc.