Dean Kremer 2024

Catching up on the broadcast, I heard Brett Hollander say "good news" that Elias said Kremer "might be back in the month of June".

I saw @accinfo noting in the presser thread Elias might have specified late June, so does look like his absence will be significantly lengthier than Grayson's.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I'm thinking you keep Povich in the rotation and put Suarez in the pen.

Suarez has a sub 2.00 ERA as a starter.  You don’t put him in the pen. 

• Upvote 1

Suarez has pitched well enough to stay in the starting rotation. But we're already running thin in the bullpen and running a 6 man rotation. 

So I think the move to bring Kremer back might be to use an option on Akin or Tate. I think Tate has been better than Akin as of late. Although Akin has the lefty advantage. I don't think Baker has an option.

Same analysis for if Coulombe comes back 1st.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Suarez has pitched well enough to stay in the starting rotation. But we're already running thin in the bullpen and running a 6 man rotation. 

So I think the move to bring Kremer back might be to use an option on Akin or Tate. I think Tate has been better than Akin as of late. Although Akin has the lefty advantage. I don't think Baker has an option.

Same analysis for if Coulombe comes back 1st.

Amd Suarez pitching from the bullpen if necessary.

I don't want to send Povich down. He's on a very positive career development trajectory at the Major League level already.

I can't see a six-man rotation lasting once we start getting a few days off.  Do we want Burnes pitching every 7th day? It also cuts down on the bullpen depth with six starters, and that showed tonight with only three guys available barring an emergency.

Suarez, Povich or Kremer?  Thank goodness Irvin is finally getting some respect.  In all seriousness, I'm really impressed with what the Orioles' rotation has been able to put together.