Dean Kremer 2024

He was definitely salty about getting pulled. Which makes me think he WASN'T just going through the motions, which is a pretty bad sign. 

Elias was on the broadcast just jiving the usual prospect stuff. Must have been there to get a look at Dean.

As painfully average as he can be sometimes, we need him, and I'm glad he's coming back so we can push Suarez to the bullpen where he will succeed more often. Hopefully we keep Povich up here. 

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

He was definitely salty about getting pulled. Which makes me think he WASN'T just going through the motions, which is a pretty bad sign. 

Elias was on the broadcast just jiving the usual prospect stuff. Must have been there to get a look at Dean.

As painfully average as he can be sometimes, we need him, and I'm glad he's coming back so we can push Suarez to the bullpen where he will succeed more often. Hopefully we keep Povich up here. 

Elias should be there to pick up Mayo and give him a ride to Baltimore. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Mayo with 3 more hits today, including a HR (his 20th) and double....he's hitting .314 with an OPS of 1.003..what in the hell are we waiting for? Lets GO!

Pitching and defense are a bigger issue than offense with this team.  He'll get his chance.

4 hours ago, interloper said:

Why would it make you think he wasn't going through the motions? I'm sure he felt strong enough to continue and may have wanted to get some more work in. Not sure why everything here has to be over-analyzed to the point of absurdity. Nothing about what happens in AAA matters, guys aren't there to dominate and win games, they are there to work on getting the feel back on their pitches and see how they feel.

58 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Mayo with 3 more hits today, including a HR (his 20th) and double....he's hitting .314 with an OPS of 1.003..what in the hell are we waiting for? Lets GO!

We are waiting for Elias to trade for more bats and more depth that have last names that are food based. That way in 2027 our lineup can be constructed to look like Mike Elias' average order from Subway. 

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

At this point I don't want to say it is embarrassing?  But it is embarrassing.  Any other team, including the Dodgers, would have Mayo up by now. 

You drafted these guys to be part of the Os future.   What more do they want at this point?

More and more Elias reminds me of Chris Ballard, the GM for the Colts, who have not won a division title since he has been there.....8 years.

Great drafter, but just cannot finish the deal. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

37 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

At this point I don't want to say it is embarrassing?  But it is embarrassing.  Any other team, including the Dodgers, would have Mayo up by now. 

You drafted these guys to be part of the Os future.   What more do they want at this point?

More and more Elias reminds me of Chris Ballard, the GM for the Colts, who have not won a division title since he has been there.....8 years.

Great drafter, but just cannot finish the deal. 

We won a division title last year.  Also, we have like 6 Coby Mayo threads at this point can we get this one back to Dean Kremer?

Edited by Big Mac
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LGOrioles said:

Not that it means too much, but it’s not that surprising to see him struggle in the minors considering how hard he’s been hit in the majors this year (his xwOBACON is 143rd out of 145 pitchers that have 200 or more plate appearances this year). Last year he was 16th worst in that stat out of 100 qualifiers. Kremer is fine as a 4/5 but he’s just not that good, and certainly isn’t good enough to be a number 3 on a team with World Series aspirations.

If your 1st two guys dominate and offense gets some runs in both their starts it doesn’t matter who is the number 3 or 4 starters.   The Rangers and Diamondbacks didn’t have good number 3 or 4 starters for playoffs last year.