Brandon Hyde 2024

I’m not the biggest Hyde fan lately, but he pulled the right levers today. Yanked O’Hearn for Mounty, left Soto in to face lefties across innings instead of auto managing by putting his closer in the 9th to start it, and trusted the rest in key situations to hit. 

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

I’m not the biggest Hyde fan lately, but he pulled the right levers today. Yanked O’Hearn for Mounty, left Soto in to face lefties across innings instead of auto managing by putting his closer in the 9th to start it, and trusted the rest in key situations to hit. 

I didn't like pulling Perez for Cano when he did. And it almost burned us-- but Gleyber bailed us out. 

On 9/23/2024 at 8:51 PM, theobird said:

I’m a big supporter of Brandon Hyde, but the last game against Detroit I think he made a mistake. Second and third, nobody out….I would have had mullins bunt. He’s a good bunter, and with holiday at third I think that’s walk off. 

Yes, for years the Orioles did not have a fast team, but now we should utilize the speed we currently have.  

7 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I didn't like pulling Perez for Cano when he did. And it almost burned us-- but Gleyber bailed us out. 

I wasn’t the biggest fan of that move. I had to go back and watch the actual hits. Aside from some poor pitch decisions, Perez pitched better than I had originally thought.