Enrique Bradfield Jr. 2024

Frobby

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’d say EBJ knew that one was out if there.   He just stood and admired it, something he doesn’t get to do often.  

gotta love Asheville's stadium, 297 down the RF line

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like something’s up with Bradfield.  He didn’t start on Sunday but entered the game as a pinch runner late.  Now he hasn’t played the last two games.  He’s not on the IL, but maybe a little banged up?  He hasn’t played in 27 of Aberdeen’s 92 games.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Looks like something’s up with Bradfield.  He didn’t start on Sunday but entered the game as a pinch runner late.  Now he hasn’t played the last two games.  He’s not on the IL, but maybe a little banged up?  He hasn’t played in 27 of Aberdeen’s 92 games.  

He does seem like he gets knicked up pretty easily and misses batches of games. That first full season can be tough on players because they're not used to playing everyday over 5-6 months before becoming pro.

39 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He does seem like he gets knicked up pretty easily and misses batches of games. That first full season can be tough on players because they're not used to playing everyday over 5-6 months before becoming pro.

It could be that he is banged up, sure. It could also be that they give him days to work on things, and let him focus on that between game reps. If they’re trying to make a swing change, that is one way to get work in without stress.

It could also be that he is being included in a deal and do not want him injured. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Doesn’t bode well for a guy whose calling card on offense is stolen bases. 

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

When I saw him play in Asheville he was in LF. I thought that was odd. Does he not get most of his reps in CF? Surely we didn't spend all that money on a 1st Round pick for a defensive LF with SB tools

1 minute ago, ScGO's said:

When I saw him play in Asheville he was in LF. I thought that was odd. Does he not get most of his reps in CF? Surely we didn't spend all that money on a 1st Round pick for a defensive LF with SB tools

Carl Crawford?

• Upvote 1