The 2024 High Water Mark Thread

Frobby

27 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

The Royals were 12 games over .500 when the Yankees came and they played them like they are a very sub .500 team. The Royals will probably whip their next opponent, the Twins beat the heck out of the Rockies. The Yankees put a spell on their opponents.  A .082 hitter Trent Grissom hit a 3 run homer to beat the Dodgers.

The Royals seriously thought using Dan Altavilla who has pitched in one game the last three years and never started a game during his career was a good idea. Just pitch the first inning and take care of the top two leaders in OPS plus some other decent hitters. No sweat. 

The entire Royals team has wet the bed against the Yankees they are losing 11-2 and look more like their Omaha AAA team.

9 hours ago, O's84 said:

They are 2nd for me after the Yankees.  I'll never let that 2014 ALCS grudge go until we win a WS.

Also my 2nd least favorite team. I get about as much joy out of beating them as anyone.

By the way, the Orioles have now climbed back to .500 since the start of the 2020 season. They are 310-310.

Team Elias-Hyde is now just 54 games under .500 overall, as the 2019 team went 54-108. Hyde himself is actually 55 games under .500 because apparently he is credited with managing a loss for the Marlins in 2011. 

• Upvote 4

• 3 months later...

Sadly, the 2024 Orioles reached their high water mark of +24 on June 20, and though it was able to match it a few times (July 3, 5 and 7),  the O’s slipped from there and now cannot get back to +24 before the regular season ends.