One thing I'd like to see the O's do more: Steal

interloper

3 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

They have an OBP of under .300 as a team, which is not very good.  If they got on base more they'd steal more.  

That’s true but doesn’t excuse the three times OP is talking about.  Holliday not running with a lefty on the mound is more defensible. 

On 4/12/2024 at 11:32 AM, interloper said:

STEAL DANG IT.

Good lord y'all. I was yelling at the TV last night at the weird lack of aggression at times.

-Mullins worked a leadoff walk in the 7th and just stayed there as we hit into a DP. 

-Holliday reaches on an error to lead off the 8th and stayed there (granted it was a lefty on the mound), and we nearly hit into an inning ending DP if not for the safe call at 2B.

-Mullins walks with 1 out in the 9th against Jansen who can't hold runners at all, and he never moved. He reached 2B on the walk to Westburg with 2 outs, but Mullins absolutely could have swiped both 2B and 3B in that inning against Jansen. 

I'm not sure what the hesitancy was about, especially on the road. Just let it rip out there boys. 

Won’t happen a lot. Mullins and Mateo ran wild last year in April, then both had injuries that lingered all season. Mullins is having a resurgence and Mateo has an .800 OPS. We aight.

It’s probably only going to happen if Mateo pinch runs. 

Edited by sportsfan8703