2024 Gameball Thread

Aristotelian

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would give the game ball to Westburg.  Kimbrel is a close 2nd.

Hot take. Without Santander we lose in 9 seeing how the game played out.

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

But that was to tie, game ball goes to the winner.

The gameball doesn't go to the winner. Who had the bigger play? Santander is the only correct answer. We did nothing prior to or after his HR in regulation. We lose that game without him.

• Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, Malike said:

The gameball doesn't go to the winner. Who had the bigger play? Santander is the only correct answer. We did nothing prior to or after his HR in regulation. We lose that game without him.

By the same logic if Westburg doesn't hit an RBI double in the second inning, Santander's home run makes it only 4-3 and the Orioles lose.

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

By the same logic if Westburg doesn't hit an RBI double in the second inning, Santander's home run makes it only 4-3 and the Orioles lose.

But it already happened. I'm not trying to erase history. We literally lose that game if Santander doesn't hit the HR. I'm not talking about what if's. We saw what happened in the 9th. Nothing.

27 minutes ago, Malike said:

2nd inning

Ryan Mountcastle doubles (10) on a line drive to right fielder Randal Grichuk. 

Anthony Santander called out on strikes. 

Colton Cowser lines out sharply to right fielder Randal Grichuk. 

Jordan Westburg doubles (8) on a sharp line drive to center fielder Corbin Carroll. Ryan Mountcastle scores. 

3rd inning   2nd and 3rd two out

Santander grounds out to SS

4th inning

Cowser singles and Westburg follows with another single creating a first and third with no outs.

5th inning

Mountcastle triples with 2 outs.  Santander grounds out.

8th inning.  Santander homers to tie the game.

9th inning.  Westburg with lead off single.  Mullins can’t sacrifice.  Westburg steals 2B to put himself in scoring position with one out.

10th inning.  Santander walks to create a bases loaded one out situation.

11th inning Westburg walks it off

Santander gets the gameball?   NFW

• Upvote 2

Just now, RZNJ said:

2nd inning

Ryan Mountcastle doubles (10) on a line drive to right fielder Randal Grichuk. 

Anthony Santander called out on strikes. 

Colton Cowser lines out sharply to right fielder Randal Grichuk. 

Jordan Westburg doubles (8) on a sharp line drive to center fielder Corbin Carroll. Ryan Mountcastle scores. 

3rd inning   2nd and 3rd two out

Santander grounds out to SS

4th inning

Cowser singles and Westburg follows with another single creating a first and third with no outs.

5th inning

Mountcastle triples with 2 outs.  Santander grounds out.

8th inning.  Santander homers to tie the game.

9th inning.  Westburg with lead off single.  Mullins can’t sacrifice.  Westburg steals 2B to put himself in scoring position with one out.

10th inning.  Santander walks to create a bases loaded one out situation.

11th inning Westburg walks it off

Santander gets the gameball?   NFW

Nobody gets a gameball if he doesn't hit the HR then. We lose in nine. Westburg had a great game and only had a chance to walk it off thanks to the 8th inning HR, otherwise, you're all here lamenting about how the double plays killed us and we should have scored more than three runs or whatever. 

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Malike said:

But it already happened. I'm not trying to erase history. We literally lose that game if Santander doesn't hit the HR. I'm not talking about what if's. We saw what happened in the 9th. Nothing.

Actually, something did happen in the 9th inning.  Westburg led off with a single and had to steal 2B when Cedric forgot how to bunt.  Westburg had a great game.  Santander had one big moment.  If you want to reward the one big moment and multiple failures with men on base over the guy who drove in two runs and created two other scoring opportunities, started a DP, stole a base, and hit the walkoff  enjoy being alone in your world.

Just now, RZNJ said:

Actually, something did happen in the 9th inning.  Westburg led off with a single and had to steal 2B when Cedric forgot how to bunt.  Westburg had a great game.  Santander had one big moment.  If you want to reward the one big moment and multiple failures with men on base over the guy who drove in two runs and created two other scoring opportunities, started a DP, stole a base, and hit the walkoff  enjoy being alone in your world.

Oh, by nothing happened I mean the box score shows a zero, which is nothing.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Unlike you, I don't seek validation from strangers on the internet. I'm happy to be on my own island. You can live for likes here and feel good about yourself, it's good to feel important in some part of your life, even if it's a message board.

Edited by Malike