2024 Gameball Thread

Aristotelian

12 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Thought it a little weird that the “players of the game” at the stadium were Adley and Mountcastle. Irvin was a shoo in and how often will he get the honor and a quick interview for the fans?

Fans got it right on MLB.com

image.png.13ee3cdf6ad952605437010f542ee484.png

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Orioles West said:

I voted Irvin on the MLB app — and now an official ‘game ball’ in the game ball thread. 

If Means and Bradish return and stay healthy, Irvin could be a solid long relief or depth option.

Irvin is probably going to be better than Means going forward. I hate to say it, but he looks like he has nothing left and we remember him as an "Ace" on horrible teams.

13 hours ago, Malike said:

Irvin is probably going to be better than Means going forward. I hate to say it, but he looks like he has nothing left and we remember him as an "Ace" on horrible teams.

I hope Means will get stronger as the season goes along, but I can also see “nothing left” as a possibility too. Worst case, he will always have the no-hitter at Seattle.

4/29 2-0 win vs Yankees: My gameball goes to Cionel Perez! Fresh off of rehab, Hyde threw him into the fire to face the Yankees' 8-9-1-2. Perez was brought in with 2 on/2 out and bailed Grayson out. In the 7th he gave up a bunt single but got two big outs, including a Soto grounder. Soto would not bat again. 

Solid team effort with a gutty start by Grayson, a Gunnar HR, a couple of nice plays by Westburg, and 10 big outs by the bullpen, but Perez was the guy for me tonight. 

18 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Gameballs for Game 1 vs Yankees goes to...

Gunnar Henderson

Grayson Rodriguez

Cionel Perez

Yennier Cano

Ryan Mountcastle (for saving a few plays with his glove that could have turned out disastrous)

5 gameballs? Weak 

Edited by DirtyBird

Just now, Malike said:

My game ball goes to Kremer, but I'm a homer. 7 IP 2R? Couldn't have asked for a better performance.

Plus he had to do with with Bucknor behind the plate.