2024 Gameball Thread

Aristotelian

I agree with the concept of “unsung hero”
It’s like when people are complaining about a failure, and they say, “you had ONE job!”

Well, Mr. Mateo had one job, and he did it perfectly; and now he’s going to go back into the closet until the next time we need him to do his one job perfectly. That’s definitely worth something.

@Fiver6565 said it best.

I want to give a gameball to the Orioles Bench Coach Fredi Gonzalez. He's Brandon Hyde's right hand man and a very very helpful council when decisions need to be made quickly. If there's a close play needing a decision on whether to challenge or not, Fredi is on it and looking at the video so Brandon can get to the Umpire in time.

He also does alot with the players behind the scenes to make sure they're comfortable and getting the coaching support they need.

It really is a team game and I think Brandon Hyde and Fedi Gonzalez do a great job together as a team managing the team.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

4/24, 6-5 win @LAA. Great start for Kremer but Gunnar gets it today. 3 for 3 with HR and on base five times with 2 HBP's, but he really gets it for the elite defensive play:

https://x.com/MLB/status/1783266162093985911

I missed the game. How did Gunnar only get credited for 3 At Bats without any walks while Adley had 5?

Game ball #3 goes to Angels Jo Adell for trying to steal with 2 outs and representing the tying run.  Although I think he was actually safe, that is pure idiotic...

My son's travel team used to do incredibly stupid stuff like that and I'd go ballistic....

27 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

Game ball #3 goes to Angels Jo Adell for trying to steal with 2 outs and representing the tying run.  Although I think he was actually safe, that is pure idiotic...

My son's travel team used to do incredibly stupid stuff like that and I'd go ballistic....

Why is that stupid? SB gets him in scoring position. It's not like trying to steal third and we've seen Kimbrel be really bad at holding runners.

32 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

I don't know, with two outs I think it's worth the risk. Staying on first means counting on Rengifo to deliver an XBH or Rengifo and Neto to both get hits, neither of which are very likely against Kimbrel.

8 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Why is that stupid? SB gets him in scoring position. It's not like trying to steal third and we've seen Kimbrel be really bad at holding runners.

Palmer, loosely quoted.."If Kimbrel walks him (Adell) you know he'll be running. Kimbrel is not fast to the plate."

Gameball---well Henderson was incredible, but:

Kremer gets it. Kremer only gets the opportunity only 30 times or so a season...Henderson 150+, it was more of a typical game for Henderson, not so for Kremer, 10 K's in 5 and 1/3 innings??

BTW, Sign Henderson, long term NOW, PLEASE....send a message.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

How is it idiotic to try and steal 2B to be the tying run? Especially with a pitcher who doesn’t hold runners and a fast runner at 1B.