Wednesday Afternoon April 24: Rubber match in Anaheim

SteveA

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

It was so bang-bang and unless it was obvious they have shown they are not going overturn. 

I feel like if it's not absolutely obvious they are going with the call on the field. They aren't showing up the umps, it seems.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

They should be angry at Adell, not the umps. You only steal there if you are sure you will make it.

I mean to make the last out of the game on the bases is awful. You can't do that, no matter what.

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

I feel like if it's not absolutely obvious they are going with the call on the field. They aren't showing up the umps, it seems.

Which is really what it should be all about anyways. I'm pro replay but it should be about obvious missed calls.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Which is really what it should be all about anyways. I'm pro relay but it should be about obvious missed calls.

I agree. We've been on the wrong side of missed calls that were upheld this season so I don't feel bad for the Angels.

Well as I said last year, Gunnar is a star.  Was at the game today and he is heads and tails above anyone playing today other than Trout....and we all know how good he is.

Just another level of player.  I bet without him we are right around .500 or a little above.

He is that good.

2 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

Wow. I'd be pissed if that was against us. Angels announcers are besides themselves...lol.

Replay is crazy this year. 

That one angle proved safe pretty conclusively I thought... Gunnar's glove blocked the view of the foot as it was hitting the bag, but as Gunnar's glove cleared and hit the first few frames of tag, Adell's foot was already on the bag.  Seems like a reasonable assumption that foot met the bag while blocked from camera view pre-tag, but because in those frames, the foot wasn't visible, they called it inconclusive.  I guess if you have object permanency, you don't qualify to be a replay umpire.  🤷‍♂️ 

5 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Replay is crazy this year. 

That one angle proved safe pretty conclusively I thought... Gunnar's glove blocked the view of the foot as it was hitting the bag, but as Gunnar's glove cleared and hit the first few frames of tag, Adell's foot was already on the bag.  Seems like a reasonable assumption that foot met the bag while blocked from camera view pre-tag, but because in those frames, the foot wasn't visible, they called it inconclusive.  I guess if you have object permanency, you don't qualify to be a replay umpire.  🤷‍♂️ 

Seems like they are using beyond a reasonable doubt at this point.