Cionel Perez 2024

Tony-OH

Perez threw an inning of rehab last night with Norfolk. 

His velocity was down about 1.5 MPH on his sinker, and everything was down a tick, but he was getting some work in and doesn't look too far away from being ready.

• Upvote 2

I didn't realize he was this close to returning.  Looks like we'll have a bit of a roster crunch coming up with the pitching staff with Bradish, Means, and Perez, all out of options and due back in the next 10 days.  Wells could possibly be returning soon too.  Although, Wells can be optioned.  

Only Tate, Akin, and Cano, can be optioned with the current relievers.  Suarez and Irvin are also out of options as well.  

Will we go with three lefties in the pen like last year?  Coloumbe, Irvin, and Perez, were all staples of last year's bullpen.  

If everyone is healthy in the next two weeks...

Burnes, Grayson, Bradish, Kremer, Suarez

Kimbrel, Cano, Coloumbe, Webb, Perez, Means, Irvin, Baumann

AAA - Tate, Akin, Wells

DFA - Ramirez

I've wondered if Bradish has a good Friday is he back for game 4 of the Yankees series, and I guess Cionel rates the same kind of wonder if he bounces back and has another good enough appearance.     He's kind of a short term quiz who does Elias think can compete best with Anthony Rizzo and Juan Soto.

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

How much remorse, would we have if we let Webb go? Or Baumann? 

I am astonished that Ramirez is still here, I’d rather have Jonathan Heasley, and that is not a ringing endorsement of Mr. Heasley either.

Webb, a little. Baumann, none.

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I didn't realize he was this close to returning.  Looks like we'll have a bit of a roster crunch coming up with the pitching staff with Bradish, Means, and Perez, all out of options and due back in the next 10 days.  Wells could possibly be returning soon too.  Although, Wells can be optioned.  

Only Tate, Akin, and Cano, can be optioned with the current relievers.  Suarez and Irvin are also out of options as well.  

Will we go with three lefties in the pen like last year?  Coloumbe, Irvin, and Perez, were all staples of last year's bullpen.  

If everyone is healthy in the next two weeks...

Burnes, Grayson, Bradish, Kremer, Suarez

Kimbrel, Cano, Coloumbe, Webb, Perez, Means, Irvin, Baumann

AAA - Tate, Akin, Wells

DFA - Ramirez

Akin is too valuable to go to AAA.  .maybe Baumann is DFAed or more likely Means is not ready to return and continues on IL.

I think they’d go with 4 lefties before sending Akin to AAA. If everyone is healthy:

SP: Burnes, Grayson, Bradish, Kremer, Means/Irvin

RP: Kimbrel, Cano, Coulombe, Perez, Akin, Suárez, Webb/Baumann, Irvin/Means

Option: Wells, Tate

DFA: Ramirez, Baumann/Webb

And then if they want Wells, they either DFA the other of Webb/Baumann or option Akin. 

They also have the ability to option Kremer, but he’s really have to pitch poorly for that to happen.

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd definitely DFA Ramirez first vs Baumann, but Baumann may not be far behind.

I am assuming you just think his stuff will never be harnessed or that the Orioles can't take the chance that they might not be able to?

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I am assuming you just think his stuff will never be harnessed or that the Orioles can't take the chance that they might not be able to?

Are you talking Ramirez or Baumann?