Grayson to IL with shoulder inflammation. Means activated.

6 minutes ago, baltfan said:

You know what would be ridiculous?  The Orioles tell an arbitrator that a player that spent a single 15 day period on the IL and then was healthy for the next couple of years should be paid less than if he hadn't had that single IL stint--especially when an arbitration is a choice between two figures often 100's of thousands apart.

And, no. there isn't a team that is going to look at a single IL stint for a shoulder and be dissuaded from pursuing the player in free agency.   

You are really reaching here.   

Grayson's already missed time due to injury.  Remember 2022?

Who knows how much time he'll miss between now and free agency.

It's a bad data point to have on his resume.  It doesn't help him in any way and could potentially hurt him. 

Why should he agree to that for no gain? 

Would you let your employer do whatever the equivalent would be to you?  

The arbitration stuff is just silly speculation about how a team could use his generosity against him and once again the IL trip would be a data point and not the whole argument.

2 hours ago, Malike said:

I'm also not banking on Bradish or even Means to remain healthy during the entire season. I hope they are, and I hope they are effective, but I'm not betting a dime that it happens.

So far our prediction about Wells has come true. I give John Means a month or 2 before he's got another stint on the IL.

I feel more optimistic about Bradish but I also don't know the extent of his sprain situation.

I like the precautionary measures being taken here. I've always thought that Grayson's method of pitching with such high velocity put him at risk for injury and this seems to be a way to try an manage/prevent that in the long term.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I went with the most recent version of the reference and you still come up short.

I’m old fashioned.   It’s not for everyone.