Grayson to IL with shoulder inflammation. Means activated.

15 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Are we sure this isn't some phantom IL move to manage his innings and because they are stuck up on someone like Rameriz and Bauman? Why wouldn't you wait until his next start to see how his shoulder is doing 

It's probably either this or incredibly minor, but man, we can't catch a break with our rotation health this year.

Shoulder injuries have catastrophic potential...  could be wrong, but I don't think these things are gamed so cavalierly, so this is worrying IMO.  Need to leverage all of this minor league hitting for SP and RP reinforcements.

4 minutes ago, dystopia said:

It’s probably real and has been on the radar a while. Remember they pushed him back a day for no reason for the Angels start. 

I thought the explanation for pushing him was so he would pitch in the Yankees series. 

I'm going to be optimistic and say that this is just an early season inflammation flare-up/lingering soreness type of thing. No real reason right now to think he's seriously injured, and it makes some sense that Elias would look for any slight excuse to juggle the pitching. 

20 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

Shoulder injuries have catastrophic potential...  could be wrong, but I don't think these things are gamed so cavalierly, so this is worrying IMO.  Need to leverage all of this minor league hitting for SP and RP reinforcements.

The worst case scenario is certainly ugly, but there have been plenty of cases where guys got treatment and were back quickly. It could be something that they would have considered trying to avoid an IL stint for if they didn't have both Means and Bradish ready to return. Not gaming, necessarily, just an opportunity to take a cautious approach.

Everyone else has already posted my line of thinking. I didn't notice anything wrong with him in his starts. And if there was, why would you let him pitch with a sore shoulder and risk it getting worst?

Save some gas in the tank and the in a month after rehab, gas him up!

27 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

I thought the explanation for pushing him was so he would pitch in the Yankees series. 

Thats a pretty stupid reason in April so I’m not buying it. 

Just now, dystopia said:

Thats a pretty stupid reason in April so I’m not buying it. 

If they gave him an extra day because they were worried about his shoulder, and then let him throw 100 pitches anyway, then they can't have been THAT worried about it.

50 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If I'm Grayson I don't agree to that.

Why would Grayson want to fight the team on this? If he thinks it will be best for him come October, why would he fight it? It's not like he's fighting for a salary since he's not arbitration eligible or anywhere near free agency.