Grayson to IL with shoulder inflammation. Means activated.

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

This is a crazy idea, but a team w/ a ton of money could look into whether it would help to give it to healthy pitchers after the season.  I believe Kobe had PRP multiple times with all his injuries. 

You will never convince me that HGH use isn't rampant in the NBA.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Convince me that it is. 

Why wouldn't they be using it?

They get tested what, three times a year?

No one seems to ever get caught for using PED in that league.

How many of the really big stars are 35 or over?

Do you think Adam Silver is going to have an issue with guys using HGH while they enact rules to try and keep players from taking scheduled days off?

33 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you think Adam Silver is going to have an issue with guys using HGH while they enact rules to try and keep players from taking scheduled days off?

Asking questions doesn’t mean you’re right. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Asking questions doesn’t mean you’re right. 

I might not be right, but I never said I was.

You asked me to convince you, not prove a claim.

Are you convinced?

Edited by Can_of_corn

37 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Typically, legitimate companies charge individuals around $1000 to $5000 monthly for injectable HGH, depending on the required dose’s size and potency

https://theantiagingclinics.com/much-hgh-therapy-cost/

16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You know what would be hilarious?

If Grayson agreed to a phantom IL stint and then the team used it against him in arbitration hearings.

What a hoot that would be.

No way a team would ever do something like that tho.

Teams that fake injuries are totally ethical in other respects.

And yes, teams are going to be looking at every IL stint when he gets to free agency.   Are you going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars without doing your due diligence?

Your conspiracy theories against teams just screwing over the millionaire ball players are pretty epic.

No one is going to hold a IL stint for a few weeks in his 2nd season against him in anything. This line of thinking is so over the the top its not funny.

Every pitcher has soreness after starts. Maybe Grayson has had a little extra and they just want to calm down the soreness and the fact that they need a spot in the rotation while coming up against "weaker" opponents is a good time to get him settled down, and keep him fresher for later in the year.

Why do you think Grayson or anyone would have a problem with that line of thinking? A "phantom" IL stint is a Jimenez pothole IL stint where the pitcher can't be removed from the active roster but is pitching so poorly that they just want to reset him a bit and get a pitcher on the roster that can help.

At the end of the day, what we all need to hope is this is just a cautionary IL stint to calm down some shoulder soreness and not anything more. 

18 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

This is a crazy idea, but a team w/ a ton of money could look into whether it would help to give it to healthy pitchers after the season.  I believe Kobe had PRP multiple times with all his injuries. 

At one level it sounds like a lot of money, but in the scheme of even poor teams’ budgets it would be small potatoes.  If it avoided needing to pay for one replacement pitcher it would pay for itself. I have two guesses. Maybe the research doesn’t show that scans would detect problems soon enough. Maybe the players have said no way. Teams could use the results to the detriment of players at contract or cutdown time.

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Your conspiracy theories against teams just screwing over the millionaire ball players are pretty epic.

No one is going to hold a IL stint for a few weeks in his 2nd season against him in anything. This line of thinking is so over the the top its not funny.

Every pitcher has soreness after starts. Maybe Grayson has had a little extra and they just want to calm down the soreness and the fact that they need a spot in the rotation while coming up against "weaker" opponents is a good time to get him settled down, and keep him fresher for later in the year.

Why do you think Grayson or anyone would have a problem with that line of thinking? A "phantom" IL stint is a Jimenez pothole IL stint where the pitcher can't be removed from the active roster but is pitching so poorly that they just want to reset him a bit and get a pitcher on the roster that can help.

At the end of the day, what we all need to hope is this is just a cautionary IL stint to calm down some shoulder soreness and not anything more. 

If there were a 10 day pitcher IL, starting pitchers would be put on there all the time for a missed start.  That's probably why there isn't a pitching 10 day IL.  My guess is that Gray Rod definitely needed to miss a start with soreness and the O's talked to him about preserving innings for the end of the year. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/1/2024 at 4:29 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Grayson's already missed time due to injury.  Remember 2022?

Who knows how much time he'll miss between now and free agency.

It's a bad data point to have on his resume.  It doesn't help him in any way and could potentially hurt him. 

Why should he agree to that for no gain? 

Would you let your employer do whatever the equivalent would be to you?  

The arbitration stuff is just silly speculation about how a team could use his generosity against him and once again the IL trip would be a data point and not the whole argument.

You have basically answered your own question. If Grayson didn’t agree he could file a grievance. He didn’t so one might assume, regardless of how serious, he agrees with the course of action. 

1 minute ago, foxfield said:

You have basically answered your own question. If Grayson didn’t agree he could file a grievance. He didn’t so one might assume, regardless of how serious, he agrees with the course of action. 

I wasn't suggesting this wasn't an actual issue.  I was pushing back against the idea that it wasn't.

On 5/1/2024 at 10:02 PM, Can_of_corn said:

You will never convince me that HGH use isn't rampant in the NBA.

Don’t forget EPO. It’s amazing how blind an eye people turn to the NBA probably because the biggest name has credible ties to it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, baltfan said:

Don’t forget EPO. It’s amazing how blind an eye people turn to the NBA probably because the biggest name has credible ties to it. 

Oh sure.

I find it both funny and frustrating that only baseball fans really seem to care about stuff like that.